Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Auto Leasing | Financing (https://teamspeed.com/forums/auto-leasing-financing/)
-   -   Swap A Lease / Lease Takeover (https://teamspeed.com/forums/auto-leasing-financing/72685-swap-lease-lease-takeover.html)

stuka 07-18-2012 03:10 PM

I put the M3 on all BMW related sites, plus here and two other nameless places that we all know.

You might try doing the same for your Benz too by putting on all Benz related sites plus some nameless sites we all know...

Good luck.

STOPPIE 07-18-2012 03:25 PM

FWIW a buddy of mine got 29.8 mpg -averaging 74mph on his 2011 S550 (new twin turbo V8) on a two hour stint.

Not bad for a 5400lb car.

zzzspeed 07-18-2012 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by STOPPIE (Post 1361340)
FWIW a buddy of mine got 29.8 mpg -averaging 74mph on his 2011 S550 (new twin turbo V8) on a two hour stint.

Not bad for a 5400lb car.

Yeah, that new TT engine makes it much faster and more fuel efficient.

STOPPIE 07-18-2012 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by zzzspeed (Post 1361347)
Yeah, that new TT engine makes it much faster and more fuel efficient.

I wouldn't have believed it had he not sent a picture of his information screen.

kudo's for Benz

ZAMIRZ 07-18-2012 03:46 PM

dphouse is a friend of mine. He got a bite on his car in a matter of days and it was outta his garage within 2 weeks. He told me it was a good experience and he got what he wanted for the car. He also recommended going with whatever the base "package" is on swap-a-lease and that they tried to upsell him on a bunch of stuff that would increase the exposure, but that it all seemed like bs.

zzzspeed 07-18-2012 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by STOPPIE (Post 1361351)
I wouldn't have believed it had he not sent a picture of his information screen.

kudo's for Benz

They have stepped up their game in many areas in the past few years; handling, interior materials, build quality, reliability.
I used to hate MB, much respect now.

Mitch@Premier Financial 08-07-2012 06:38 PM

Lease Takeovers

We have been involved in numerous situations where one of our cars was assumed by a third party as a result of being listed as available for lease takeover and most of the time it has not ended well.

In a typical case somebody owes Premier more than their car is worth and decides to list it as available. A deal is made and we are never notified nor given an opportunity to approve the credit. Everything appears fine until the party assuming the lease stops making payments. At that time we contact the original lessee about the delinquent payments and they inform us that they are no longer in possession of the car and they are shocked to hear that they are still responsible for the lease payments.

At this point we make them aware that somebody is driving a car that we own and they are contractually responsible for and neither party knows what kind of credit the driver has and in some cases who the driver is or where they are located.

Most of the time the vehicle is either never found, totaled without insurance, or repossessed with high mileage and in poor condition leaving the original lessee with a larger liability than they had to begin with. Every case may not end this way, but we rarely hear about those.

If you are interested in somebody assuming your lease, I suggest that you contact your leasing company directly and ask them what their policy is on lease assumptions.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this further.

.:Raul 08-07-2012 07:11 PM

I had my car on swapalease until I learned the VW Credit doesn't take the original lessor off the contract.... F that noize!!!!

zzzspeed 08-08-2012 12:38 AM

Good point guys. The only car maker that I know for sure will allow a full lease transfer and will remove your liability is BMW. There maybe others, but as was stated, you should call and ask your car financing company if they allow it and remove 100% of your liability.

JDM3 04-25-2014 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by dphouse (Post 1314391)
Has anyone had luck with swap a lease (getting out of a lease) websites before? Thinking to get out of a '11 MBZ E350 lease and weighing my options...

Thanks guys.

I've tried this twice...total waste of money. The salesmen are relentless in trying to get you to spend more money on "better" packages as time goes on. They called me for six months AFTER I had taken the car off their site.