Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Lotus stuns Paris with six new models

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Renovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond repute
^^lol.

Old 10-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
This is what Lotus always has been, and always should be. Light, simple cars that can hang with, and often beat cars with several times the power, weight and complexity. They should NOT be 3,000 pound Aston knockoffs. They should be exactly this:

The wiper should be bouncing off the glass, valves dancing on the hood, and the driver's grin wider than the freakin' grand canyon.

YouTube - Denny Zardo - Camera Car su Lotus Elan - Rijeka 2007

YouTube - Lotus Elan at Monterey pre-Historics 2008

YouTube - Tour Auto 2009 - Dijon-Prenois - Lotus Elan

Old 10-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Renovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond repute
^ great vids.......
Momentum.... High Revs.... Love it.

Believeme I get your point, but all it is left is to see and hope for the best.

Last edited by Renovatiopr; 10-01-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
I may be alone on this, but I like where they are headed and where they are trying to go. A company cannot ONLY stick to it's roots, it has to evolve to fit different needs of different times while still trying to hang on to what made it what it is. They will most likely always have that simple lightweight car in their lineup, but they need to offer more than that to stay competitive. We have to remember that these are all mainly concepts. Still though, I really really like the Elite (the 4seat GT car) and I am excited for the new Esprit.

Let's see what happens. I am hoping for the best.

Old 10-01-2010, 04:28 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I'd take a White Esprit very James Bond,

YouTube - Video - Top Gear tests - Lotus Esprit V8.wmv

Old 10-02-2010, 03:21 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't know they were still manufacturing cars. "Yawn" Think I'll go make a sandwich.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
mr5000 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think its a great and bold move by proton management. Lotus 'experiment' should be how proton itself should learn from and change into quality car company. otherwise the chinese car makers will overtake them. its lucky they have Lotus brand and UK connection which Proton should really use to their own benefit. Am happy as a consumer if Lotus emerge as another car maker of quality sports cars

Old 10-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Jiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond repute
Gone there today and all the lotus looks awesome in real life, didn't see the Eterne though. They're just beautiful, beasts and classy cars. The elite is the top of the five. Will post some pics tomorrow with some of the engine, they really runs this supercharged v8. I was afraid of fake engines but they seems ready to go. So many beautiful details, i could have spent the entire day on the Lotus booth.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:09 AM
Teamspeed Member
Wild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jiaim
Gone there today and all the lotus looks awesome in real life, didn't see the Eterne though. They're just beautiful, beasts and classy cars. The elite is the top of the five. Will post some pics tomorrow with some of the engine, they really runs this supercharged v8. I was afraid of fake engines but they seems ready to go. So many beautiful details, i could have spent the entire day on the Lotus booth.
+1!!

Lotus impressed me way more than Porsche did!!
I was at the Porsche stand for only 5 minutes....and stayed at lotus for over an hour!! The new Elise is a tiny little beast, and I saw it had a gearlever

Old 10-16-2010, 09:51 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
stunningcharles is on a distinguished roadstunningcharles is on a distinguished roadstunningcharles is on a distinguished road
I think they have shown some promise of whats to come through the new evora

Quick Reply: Lotus stuns Paris with six new models