Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus (https://teamspeed.com/forums/aston-martin-jaguar-lotus/)
-   -   Project "Green Hornet" track car(Lotus Exige S) (https://teamspeed.com/forums/aston-martin-jaguar-lotus/47632-project-green-hornet-track-car-lotus-exige-s.html)

430berlinetta 09-17-2010 08:17 PM

Project "Green Hornet" track car(Lotus Exige S) in Bahrain

2 Attachment(s)
Hey all!

This is the green hornet :spar:. Its a 2009 Lotus Exige S 240 that I plan to build into a serious track/time attack car. There is a lot planned for this car and will take me some time to complete. So I will update this thread with pics whenever I have progressed with the project. Hope you guys like it and I appreciate all comments whether positive or negative.

Here is a couple of crappy iphone pics of how the car used to look like along side "Billybob".

McRae 09-17-2010 08:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Smmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmoking hot!!!

430berlinetta 09-17-2010 08:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
and here is the reason why it is called the Green Hornet ! :spar::spar::spar:

430berlinetta 09-17-2010 09:04 PM

The car is currently like the pics above and here is the spec list of mods finished on the car as of now:

- Re-sprayed the car in a metallic neon green that was inspired off one of my motocross helmets.

-Replaced all the yellow Lotus badges on the wheels, front, and steering wheel from yellow to black.

- Reverie Uk parts are the gauge binnacle, shift knob, front canards, front splitter, sideskirts, side scoop, rear wing, and rear diffuser, all in cf.

- Craftsquare side mirrors in cf

- 2bular exhaust system with de-cat pipe made by Jim Valentine of 2bular Exhausts.

- Nitron GT3 triple adjustable suspension in my room waiting to be installed.

- front tow hook.

I think thats everything that I can remember.

The car has AP racing 4 pot brake kit as standard so when they cook I'll uprade to a big brake AP kit with larger slotted discs, steel hoses, etc.
Also added the Toyo R888s which for our climate is a fantastic tire.

I know I started this project the wrong way round lol. I know you are supposed to start with the suspension, brakes, tires, then engine and transmission, then aerodynamics and cosmetics, but I chose this route cause to me it makes sense at the moment.

Aerodynamics, suspension, and soon brakes are done. Next is stripping weight and serious engine and transmission mods.

430berlinetta 09-17-2010 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by McRae (Post 714123)
Smmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmoking hot!!!

:) thanks buddy!

430berlinetta 09-17-2010 10:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
some more pics..

430berlinetta 09-17-2010 10:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's another one :) I 've got some more pics and will post more pics when I get a chance. I obviously cannot take credit for the photography either. I just edited them a bit.

Some say even though he got sacked from TopGear, his Bahraini cheeseburger eatin' cousin, still roams free! (j/k lol)

TTM0TION 09-17-2010 10:53 PM

Damn that loosk so awesome, must be a fun drive!!

430berlinetta 09-17-2010 11:06 PM

^^^ Thanks bud! It is a lovely car to drive, has great handling and amazing braking, but needs a lot more power to be fun! :)

Alzilla 09-18-2010 12:49 AM

Love love love love your Lotus. Can't wait to see what else you do to it!