Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Porsche 911 Targa 4S review by Tiff Needell

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 05:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Porsche 911 Targa 4S review by Tiff Needell

Name:  911tif.jpg
Views: 1161
Size:  103.9 KB

Porsche 911 Targa 4S review
Tiff Needell reviews the Porsche 911 4S Targa, and finds out how well it matches up against previous 911 models.

The 991-generation Porsche 911 Targa makes a return to the model’s roots, with a semi-convertible style roof, with a silver roll hoop and glass rear deck. Like the last Targa model, the 991 is only available with four-wheel drive – meaning that more muscular and wider body shell.

Source [evo]

Old 04-06-2014, 04:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Not exactly mindblowing!

Old 04-06-2014, 06:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
I like tiff but I honestly didn't think he did a good job on This

Old 04-07-2014, 03:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
St_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished road
I like it a lot...especially in Speedster's blue colour!

Last edited by St_Ex; 04-07-2014 at 03:58 AM.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:15 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with Tiff in the fact that it would be great to be able to order this in a rear-wheel-drive version. Gotta love the sign off preferring an Aston for the money, lol.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by joshg120
Totally agree. That was a pretty bad review. Don't get me wrong: the Targa looks outstanding, but it's heavy and only 4wd. My dad is currently debating between this and a standard 991 coupe. My advice will be the coupe...

Old 04-07-2014, 05:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Maxtheone
Totally agree. That was a pretty bad review. Don't get me wrong: the Targa looks outstanding, but it's heavy and only 4wd. My dad is currently debating between this and a standard 991 coupe. My advice will be the coupe...
We have a 991 carrera and it's wonderful so I'm a little biased, I would go for a 2S model I kinda wish we had gotten the extra bit of power

Old 04-07-2014, 09:38 PM
Teamspeed Member
AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I think they overdone the roof.

If they wanted to go old school, should have just left the thing be a manual targa top.

They came up with an incredibly complex solution that just looks strange and adds weitght.

And then the car just doesn't make sense as it is... it's just a diferent cabrio, and the open top area is almost the same as the coupe with a sunroof...

:|

It could have been old school, ended up beeing just odd imo.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
huangester is an unknown quantity at this point
I think there is no other car maker that makes this car. If you like it, u like it! nevermind the weight increase... the retro look really is selling the car. so if you like it, u would buy it, if u don't, u will never like it.... simple as that... its nice Porsche finally got this retro appearance back! Good job. Tiff. didn't talk much into the car's character though...

Old 04-08-2014, 12:24 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I agree. He just didnt seem to get what the Targa is all about. The look is intoxicating if you like a Targa. Its sexy as hell with the top on and off. I too agree that Porsche should have gone old school and made it a manual top removal as in the original classic Targa. The transformer electric top will appeal to the "look at me" mall parking lot crowd but misses the beauty of the simplistic and quick manual top removal.
In all essence, a Targa IS a mans open top car as opposed to a full blow Cab in the 911 world. Its a shame they didnt make the top less fussy and given it a rwd option as that is what a most Targa aficionados really wanted. That said, if I was in the market for a new 911, the Targa would be it.

Originally Posted by joshg120

Last edited by Mystro; 04-08-2014 at 12:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Porsche 911 Targa 4S review by Tiff Needell