Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

997 Speedster exhaust options?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
997 Speedster exhaust options?

Can anybody confirm if the 997 Speedster has the same exhaust system as the regular Carrera counter parts?

Old 12-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I would have said it has the same exhaust as the sport classic...

Old 12-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Tried that, sport classic exhausts are as rare if not more. Nothing came up in compatibility on my searches.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Old 12-08-2012, 03:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
i know it makes a unique sound and it was made different,

maybe like max said, like the sc

Old 12-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Former Sponsor
ECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond repute
The mufflers are shared with the 911 Sport Classic, but not other Carreras, and the tailpipes are unique to the Speedster.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Correct .. same as classic .. Mike did you buy one? This car here in the US is a serious DUD my friend just sold 1600 mile car at a 60k loss in a year.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
The muffler i believe is different but if you are going aftermarket, A exhaust from a regular carrera will also fit the speedster.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
The mufflers are shared with the 911 Sport Classic, but not other Carreras, and the tailpipes are unique to the Speedster.
Well that makes things complicated. I was hoping to install the Sharkwerks muffler bypass pipes, but it would seem there would be no guarantee that they would fit, if that is the case?

Originally Posted by Marc
Correct .. same as classic .. Mike did you buy one? This car here in the US is a serious DUD my friend just sold 1600 mile car at a 60k loss in a year.
Hi Marc,
I got it a few months ago and haven't driven it a lot. I only noticed recently how placid the car sounds compared to how it drives. Want to just turn it up a notch.

In Europe and locally, due to such low allocations - their values are holding fine. I don't really care to be honest as I don't plan to ever part with it.

Originally Posted by Sideways_swe
The muffler i believe is different but if you are going aftermarket, A exhaust from a regular carrera will also fit the speedster.
I would like to change as little as possible, hence the look at the bypass pipes. Eisenmann make a bespoke system for the car, but it has valves etc. which complicates the system. I want an as simple installation as possible.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Sharkwerks system ordered! Here's to hoping that the fitment is okay.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:43 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck mike, splendid car you've got. Enjoy it on great health.

Quick Reply: 997 Speedster exhaust options?