Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Questions about Centerlocks vs Standard Lugs

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 02:10 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Hussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond repute
Questions about Centerlocks vs Standard Lugs

Gents,

I received my Turbo S today, which is wonderful and all, however, I have a predicament. I was planning to put HRE 790R's on the car, but I ordered it with centerlocks. Are the wheels interchangeable? If not, is there a method to change the wheels back to standard lug style?

Here's the pics:

Attached Images         
Old 08-19-2010, 02:44 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
roccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats! that er, um seems familiar.... hehe. enjoy my brotha. it is a sick, sick beast. the centerlock hubs are removable IIRC, and the HRE's *should* bolt on.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:30 AM
mhh
Teamspeed Junior Member
mhh is on a distinguished roadmhh is on a distinguished roadmhh is on a distinguished roadmhh is on a distinguished roadmhh is on a distinguished road
Yes, the kit is not expensive. Mind you, those CL's look damn nice. No need to rush it, IMO.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:33 PM
Teamspeed Member
Forgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, you can switch back to the 5x130 hubs. Surely you will have no trouble finding someone who just wants to trade their 5x130 hubs for your centerlocks?

However, there are some wonderful, very lightweight forged centerlock wheels around that would look fantastic on your car and save nearly 30 lbs of unsprung weight! That would have a dramatic positive affect on acceleration, braking and ride comfort.

Attached Images  
Old 08-19-2010, 12:39 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
I'd stay with centerlocks, looks better.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Former Sponsor
FORGELINE has much to be proud ofFORGELINE has much to be proud ofFORGELINE has much to be proud ofFORGELINE has much to be proud ofFORGELINE has much to be proud ofFORGELINE has much to be proud ofFORGELINE has much to be proud ofFORGELINE has much to be proud ofFORGELINE has much to be proud ofFORGELINE has much to be proud ofFORGELINE has much to be proud of
I would not delete the centerlocks - there are many other options. We make a line of centerlock option wheels specifically for Porsche's. Check it out.

CLICK HERE FOR FULL LINE-UP

Old 08-19-2010, 07:01 PM
Teamspeed Member
Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Sorry, but I think those wheels look horrid.

No idea why someone would change the nice standard ones for those, irrespective of weight savings.

G.

Old 08-20-2010, 01:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
You would be a fool to touch a thing!! You have the best spec'd S I have seen. Enjoy it!

Old 08-20-2010, 06:55 AM
Teamspeed Member
gerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to all
Very nicely kitted out. Were there any carbon items that you didn't pick?

Old 08-20-2010, 07:11 AM
mhh
Teamspeed Junior Member
mhh is on a distinguished roadmhh is on a distinguished roadmhh is on a distinguished roadmhh is on a distinguished roadmhh is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by gerbs
Very nicely kitted out. Were there any carbon items that you didn't pick?
Door sills?

Quick Reply: Questions about Centerlocks vs Standard Lugs