Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Turbo production numbers, New Porsche incentives

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 02:41 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
solarlottry is an unknown quantity at this point
Turbo production numbers, New Porsche incentives

Does anyone know how many 08, 09 and 2010 turbos were made both in the coupe and cab configuration? I was told 200 for 2010 and a slightly higher figure for 09 but would like to know an exact figure for 08-09.

Also Porsche has released some incentives good until 3/31 with up to $15,000 off the 2010 TT. I spoke to my dealer today and he said that they were indeed matching the $7500 off Porsche was giving on all cars except the GT3. He didnt have an answer as to whether or not the 2.9% financing went with it. I guess at the end of 09 people got $20,000 and up off with the 7-8% financing rate or $10-15000 off with the 1.9% rate (which is what i got on my 09TT). Problem is that most dealers dont have any TTs left (like mine) which to apply the $15000 off. The few cars out there have funny colors or a weird interior etc. There is NO incentive for the TTS 2011 model as of yet. A few months ago everyone was saying how people were lucky to get $3000 off the msrp of a new TT and now Porsche offers 15,000$!!! Seems like they penalized the customer who wanted their car right away. Please let me know what other TT think.

Old 03-28-2010, 03:01 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, 08's were made in cab form as well. The incentives seem rather good now so if you find a car you want no time like the present!
Good luck with the search!

Old 03-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
trice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enough
can some people please confirm this incentive on the 2010 TT. i find it hard to believe such a big incentive this early in its life and the fact that the production numbers have been way down for the 2010 TT - as you point out, there aren't that many of them around. given that i just picked mine up on friday, i am particularly keen to figure this out - i got a good deal on it, but no where near $15k off. thanks.

Old 03-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
I spoke to the salesman at Porsche hawaii yesterday and he made it very clear that Porsche was giving 15000$ for the new 2010 TT. There is also someone on another thread that has a receipt with the 15000 off. The offer was not good for the 2011TTS.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:40 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
JZ997tt is on a distinguished roadJZ997tt is on a distinguished roadJZ997tt is on a distinguished roadJZ997tt is on a distinguished roadJZ997tt is on a distinguished road
5k on a 2010 if you can find one in STOCK.
If you order one, you'll be lucky to get one for 1500 off. Most are paying list.

The issue here is availability. You can negotiate when the OEM can not sell them, production was cut so this is no longer a problem.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:50 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Yes there are incentives. It's different on each variation of 997. There are incentives on Turbo's; but like stated, Turbo's are so few and far between. There would be no reason (IMHO) to offer a huge discount on that car. None at all.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:54 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
When i spoke to the dealer yesterday he said that Porsche was offering 7500 off and that dealers were matching this thus the 15000$. Problem is that he has no TT and i am sure that this is a common problem with most dealers. It seems, via a quick search, that the few 2010 TT left are weird colors , dont have sport chrono or have some other issue and thats why they are left. My dealer told me that if i found a car that they would facilitate getting it to their dealership and get the paperwork in before the 3/31 deadline. He offered to do the search him self and then have me look over the cars he found online and go from there. I just cant afford to trade in my 09TT for a 2010 due to the financial hit.

Attached Images   
Old 03-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Porsche sales are in the toilets ( with all cars ). I read somewhere that Porsche NA sold 8 turbos in December with 50 plus GT3's. That's HORRID and Porsche knows this. 15k off their MSRP should have been done a year ago to stimulate some life into their sales imho. Porsche Ferrari Lambo whomever. Incentives will happen thru 2011 or they will get killed with overhead even if they shut down production for a month or so.

Ferrari is always late to any game but the client pool has dried and in this climate why buy a new 275k plus MSRP car when virtually the same car can be had for 1/2 or less 2 years old. At 155 msrp 997tt's won't be hit as hard as the 458 sales of Ferrari but it sure will be an interesting year pushing cars thru these factories.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:07 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Gotta keep things in perspective fellas. Some dealers (*cough cough*) do better job at SELLING then others *cough order takers cough* so perception of whats really going on can be warped.

I'll admit that normal 911 sales are slow. But we've not even entered Porsche's main selling months. April-July. So it's a little early to call this race.

Regardless, the incentives are a nice little touch to help justify a gorgeous car. But keep in mind, the incentives are NOT- I repeat- NOT like the 2009 where it was broadsword type incentives on each 911.

Porsche will match, up to a certain dollar amount on the 997. contact your local dealer for more info.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:19 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Gotta keep things in perspective fellas. Some dealers (*cough cough*) do better job at SELLING then others *cough order takers cough* so perception of whats really going on can be warped.

I'll admit that normal 911 sales are slow. But we've not even entered Porsche's main selling months. April-July. So it's a little early to call this race.

Regardless, the incentives are a nice little touch to help justify a gorgeous car. But keep in mind, the incentives are NOT- I repeat- NOT like the 2009 where it was broadsword type incentives on each 911.

Porsche will match, up to a certain dollar amount on the 997. contact your local dealer for more info.
Please don't think I don't like Porsche 911's....I love them. I love all things Porsche except boxsters and cayennes OK so not all things Porsche but 911's from 1965 to 2010 are the bomb and I think they all have a place in my life. Wish I had a bigger garage.

I just think in this climate Porsche is going to hard pressed when people can slap down 130k and get a 4-5 year old F430. Although they won't be ready for the maint vs Porsche they will be sporting something a little different than their neighbor for one helluva entry price.

Quick Reply: Turbo production numbers, New Porsche incentives