Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

F430 Scuderia or 458 Italia?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 05:19 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by alwin
It's still very accurate. I followed the market for awhile before I bought my 09 and i've observed the whole spectrum as best to my knowledge and know for a fact there tons more folks paying 190+ for no-story 09s than the 1 or 2 folks who make a compromise on ones w/ issues (be it big or small) for 10ish k less.

And like h20skier said, I'm not going to let plus/minus 10k get in my way in getting one w/ the right options and no stories.

Your 170-185 is still short for almost all of the cars you've listed, if you're really counting...so you tell me. No race stripe is a deal breaker for many btw.
Never said people weren't paying 190k+. If you read my original statements, I threw out a range that I thought would be "good buys" for the market in general.

(saying this for the second or third time) you absolutely should not let 10k get in the way. If it's what YOU want I would think 10k would be trivial.

I don't know why you're so bent on proposing faulty math, so I did some basic calculations for you.

25 for sale on autotrader.com
average asking price: $195,656
% of cars at or under 185k: 32% or 8 cars. 32% or 8 out of 25 does not = "9.9 times out of 10".

Those prices are:
$185,000
$184,999
$182,988
$180,000
$179,888
$179,000
$179,000
$174,890

If your car didn't fall into that grouping, or the average, who cares? You have what you want and that's all that matters. But in terms of the market on the whole, which is the subject at hand... These are the statistics from AT.

Last edited by cstroked; 02-17-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
So how much does the typical 458 or scud actually sell for below the asking price?

Old 02-17-2012, 05:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond repute
You can't just do a broad stroke read based on arbitrary numbers. Mileage, condition, color, options etc etc mean something right?

If you want to do a proper "fair market" analysis lets just hone in on a set of constants and pull up some numbers for that. e.g. Rossa Corsa Red w/ stripe, US Carbon, under 3k miles, no stories, no aftermarket, no accidents, audio, suede etc

I can tell you, of the 11 pristine, well-loaded 09 under 3k miles rosso corsa scuds I've seen sold, 10 of them went over 190. So yea, 9.9 out of 10 times is accurate to what I've seen in the past 6 months.

At the same time, I've seen 3 08s (2 black and one argento silver) all over 4k miles sell for 174, 178 and 184 respectively.

Anyways, happy hunting.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
So how much does the typical 458 or scud actually sell for below the asking price?
Depends on a variety of things. Asking price, what they have in the car, option list, condition, if the buyer is paying cash, financing, leasing.
Originally Posted by alwin
You can't just do a broad stroke read based on arbitrary numbers. Mileage, condition, color, options etc etc mean something right?

If you want to do a proper "fair market" analysis lets just hone in on a set of constants and pull up some numbers for that. e.g. Rossa Corsa Red w/ stripe, US Carbon, under 3k miles, no stories, no aftermarket, no accidents, audio, suede etc

I can tell you, of the 11 pristine, well-loaded 09 under 3k miles rosso corsa scuds I've seen sold, 10 of them went over 190. So yea, 9.9 out of 10 times is accurate to what I've seen in the past 6 months.

At the same time, I've seen 3 08s (2 black and one argento silver) all over 4k miles sell for 174, 178 and 184 respectively.

Anyways, happy hunting.
"Market in general" was the topic at hand (maybe I missed the OP asking for specifics). "Proper" is subjective and was not what I was discussing, for the eleventy billionth time. In terms of the "11 pristine, well-loaded 09 under 3k miles rosso corsa scuds I've seen sold" you're correct. Market in general, you are not.

For the OP: either way 100k extra for a 458 is in the eye of the beholder. Buy what moves you the most.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:12 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ramius You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Scuderia's are selling for more or just under 458's in Europe now. Infact very good condition 430's can be had for under 90G US in the EU. Italian super car prices plunged like 50% in the last 6months alone. Basically 2008-2010 US led the car price decline, and now 2011 onwards Europe has picked up the baton. 2012+ US high end car market will continue its decline that started in 2008. Scuderia should hold up better then most since initial supply was grossly over estimated, if resale value is of high priority to you then Scud is the better choice.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
A 458 will be so much more practical for so many more situations eg. going for a drive, coffee, friend's house and the drive to the track. Once at the track the Scud has some great points but the 458 is still quite a machine.

Pricing will be always subjective due to the individual options/colors of a second hand Scud.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Enrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enough
I recomend to buy the one that you wanted most.I have some friends who are bargain buyers, and they never have the car, the model or the color they wanted, but they feel so proud about the price they payed.................Maybe 10k is the difference...........

Old 02-26-2012, 07:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
^^^
So true

Old 02-27-2012, 06:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
johnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond repute
I have both. Sold the 458. Maybe because my spider is coming or maybe the scud is more lovable. I'm confused as u all are.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:30 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
admit it,..you`re just sooo poor

Quick Reply: F430 Scuderia or 458 Italia?