Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

F430 Scuderia or 458 Italia?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 02:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Darksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura about
You might as well just wait for the 458 Scuderia version, problem solved

Old 02-13-2012, 10:22 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by -eztrader-
Depends how you drive it. No track time? Get the 458, it's better in every regard. I've had both, and would only get another scud for dedicated track time. It's plain awful to drive slowly on the street.
You say HAD both
The Fugly58 has only been out a year why you dump yours so quick?

Might be relevant to his decision. He also said weekend use. Who cares if its a little rough. Awful slow. No. My Scud is fine slow. Its awfully pretty maybe

Last edited by h20skier; 02-13-2012 at 10:24 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:13 PM
Teamspeed Member
-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all
I still have the 458.

The scud is certainly not fun, exciting, practical, or interesting when driving legal speeds.

It's made to be driven hard, preferably on the race track. I put over 7k miles on mine- mostly street driving, and lemme tell you- each drive gets old after about 20 minutes. 1-2 hour cruise on a weekend? Absolutely terrible!

Old 02-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Russell996 is on a distinguished roadRussell996 is on a distinguished road
I still have the 458.

The scud is certainly not fun, exciting, practical, or interesting when driving legal speeds.

It's made to be driven hard, preferably on the race track. I put over 7k miles on mine- mostly street driving, and lemme tell you- each drive gets old after about 20 minutes. 1-2 hour cruise on a weekend? Absolutely terrible!
Can't disagree more! Scud is always exciting, much more so than 458. Both are practical for everything except for more than 2 people and lots of luggage!

It's all relative but 458 is far softer. Both are great cars so it's a case of getting an extended test in both and then choose.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
You guys are making it sound like the scud is hardcore and the 458 is soft like when we compare the 3rs to a regular TT. Its not that drastic a difference, is it?
I will probably be in the market for something like this soon. And I have assumed that it would be a 458 hands down.
I was speaking to a guy, at the Fcar dealership, who ownes many supercars. He says his scud is amazing when he just wants an exciting drive, but his body feels like he just got done playing tackle football when he is done.
Every review I have seen, has pretty much summed up that its the best car the company has made to date. And they never follow that up with its too soft or not hardcore enough. But do not have first hand experience so its interesting to hear from those who have driven both.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:03 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
I still have the 458.

Exactly while it's a good car you just answered my question. You want a GT car.
458 is softer and cushy. It's a GT Sounds like you have the correct car.

Scud shouldn't be exciting at 45 around town. The 458 isn't either.
While the 458 is a good car. 100k better for a weekend warrior non commuter vehicle NO Way

I'll say it again if you are going for coffee with buddy's and that's 90% of it besides parking it in a lot with friends staring at it the 458 for 100k more is more comfy. Go for it

The scud is raw. That's it's intent. 8 hours driving it is easy

Old 02-15-2012, 09:07 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
you tell em mark

Old 02-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Teamspeed Member
-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all
458 may feel softer, and cushy- and is certainly more practical. But let's not forget it's also better in every performance category. When you push it hard it's unreal!

I'm not too interested in parking in lots so friends can stare at cars.

I drive these things, and put mileage on them and enjoy them. That being said- I enjoy the 458 much more than the scud.

Originally Posted by h20skier
Exactly while it's a good car you just answered my question. You want a GT car.
458 is softer and cushy. It's a GT Sounds like you have the correct car.

Scud shouldn't be exciting at 45 around town. The 458 isn't either.
While the 458 is a good car. 100k better for a weekend warrior non commuter vehicle NO Way

I'll say it again if you are going for coffee with buddy's and that's 90% of it besides parking it in a lot with friends staring at it the 458 for 100k more is more comfy. Go for it

The scud is raw. That's it's intent. 8 hours driving it is easy

Old 02-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
You guys are making it sound like the scud is hardcore and the 458 is soft like when we compare the 3rs to a regular TT. Its not that drastic a difference, is it?
I will probably be in the market for something like this soon. And I have assumed that it would be a 458 hands down.
I was speaking to a guy, at the Fcar dealership, who ownes many supercars. He says his scud is amazing when he just wants an exciting drive, but his body feels like he just got done playing tackle football when he is done.
Every review I have seen, has pretty much summed up that its the best car the company has made to date. And they never follow that up with its too soft or not hardcore enough. But do not have first hand experience so its interesting to hear from those who have driven both.
I did not find the Scud to be that rough whatsoever. Is it firm? Yes. No wheel time in a 458 to compare it, but I'm not wild about electronic driving aids which I think the Scud has plenty of.

The buys are in the Scud market. They're overpriced at 200k - that's way above wholesale. Smart buyers are paying 170-185k.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond repute
^^What my avatar says.

Quick Reply: F430 Scuderia or 458 Italia?