Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

New Lancia Stratos at Isla Mallorca Rally

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Teamspeed Editor
JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Post New Lancia Stratos at Isla Mallorca Rally

New Lancia Stratos at Isla Mallorca Rally

One of my favorite episodes of Top Gear is the one where the lads declare Lancia the greatest car company of all time. It might be a bit of a stretch—anyone else surprised they didn't pick something British?—but the segment did a great job of showcasing some of the Italian company's more insane contributions to the automotive world. At this point I think it's likely that the vast majority of Lancias have either succumbed to rust or are stationary sculptures decaying under tarps, rapidly following in the footsteps of their brethren.

That said, the original Stratos, with its minuscule wheelbase, high-strung, Ferrari-derived V6 and ferocious good looks, is one of my favorite cars ever. Along with the Jaguar D-Type and Shelby Cobra, it's one of only cars I'd consider owning a replica of. And while I'm disappointed—though not surprised— Maranello killed the prospect of this tribute seeing even limited production, I'm glad we at least get to see video of the 430-based beast doing its thing.

I think the blue paint is a little to staid for the new model, given it's formidable racing history, I think some classic livery like in the picture above, would be a better choice. But I'll take what I can get.

New Stratos’ deployment as lead car at the Rallye Isla Mallorca on Vimeo

Old 08-09-2012, 07:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome, thanks for the thread!

Old 08-10-2012, 02:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Terraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura about
I love the way the new version is so similar to the old one. Awesome, thanks for posting.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Teamspeed Member
430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!430 Scuderia You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I love this car. It is amazing. Nice video. Thanks for sharing.