Notices
458 | 430 | 360 Ferrari 458 Italia, F430/360, Scuderia/Stradale, Discussion Forum.

Truth or Myth: I cannot walk into a dealership and buy a new 458.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 08:33 PM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
^^There's even a thread around here somewhere about what happened to your car iirc. Hope you get it back soon!

Old 12-28-2010, 08:38 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Simba
It's been my experience that dealerships vary greatly. If you visit an old dealer that's been around for decades in a smallish area, you're going to get treated a hell of a lot better than one that's only been around a short time in snob central.

It's not terribly difficult to get one, even near sticker, you just need to do your homework.
I gotta agree and disagree with both you and Stoppie. I have been with Porsche at the same dealership from 1996 until now. I sell on heritage and enthusiasm, technology and performance. There are good and bad dealers everywhere, and as Stoppie points out it's all top down from management.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:44 PM
Teamspeed Member
gvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mafishman1
^^There's even a thread around here somewhere about what happened to your car iirc. Hope you get it back soon!
Yup, you're right. The availability of parts here is really pathetic. I'm very worried that not everything will be there, and that more parts will be needed.

Back on Topic, does anyone know if this whole "a first Ferrari is a used Ferrari" thing is corporate policy or dealer policy? Is it just in North America?

Old 12-28-2010, 08:52 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gvan
I think you missed a couple things.

1.The comment was a joke at the noone wants lambos comment (diehard lambo fan here)

2. The alignment took them about an hour. Spinning the car at high speed over the median and into a lamp post took them a couple minutes. The aftermath is the time consuming bit.

Question: When you say "we" who do you mean? (shop/dealer I presume?)

Cheers!
I am SERIOUSLY sorry! I did not realize in the thread to realize they smacked your car. I hope you are suing for depreciation when it sold or traded. My complete apologies!

I do work for a dealership, in sales for well over a decade, will not post which one as we are not an advertiser here. Not to hard to figure out though. And we do a lot of work on the local non Pcars. One of our local Scud guys ordered the parts for his pads, calipers and clutch for us to install so "he wasn't violated" by the Fcar dealer. made me smile, out net bill was about half of what they wanted to charge when it was completed.

Guess I read the post wrong. GL with the Gallardo.

Last edited by Brobbins016; 12-28-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Teamspeed Member
gvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Brobbins016
I am SERIOUSLY sorry! I did not dig back enough in the thread to realize they smacked your car. God I hope you are suing for depreciation when it sold or traded. My complete apologies!

I do work for a dealership, in sales for well over a decade, will not post which one as we are not an advertiser here. Not to hard to figure out though. And we do a lot of work on the local non Pcars. One of our local Scud guys ordered the parts for his pads, calipers and clutch for us to install so "he wasn't violated" by the Fcar dealer. made me smile, out net bill was about half when it was settled.

Guess I read the post wrong. GL with the Gallardo.
No problem!

I hear you on the "violated bit" I hear people getting service bills for 4-5k for what's essentially $300 in fluids and 2 hours of labour. The irony is that I'd always done all the maintenance on the car myself (all fluids, filters, gearbox, diffs, clutches, plugs, exhaust, A/C, broken window, etc) and this was the first time I ever took it anywhere since I wasn't equipped to do an alignment. Never again!

Old 12-28-2010, 09:10 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Hate to disagree with you Simba but our store is 180* from that.
I was referring specifically to Ferrari dealerships.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:50 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 12-29-2010, 03:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
You have to read the thread. You are basically repeating what all the previous pages are about.
i did, but from wat i understand, u have to pick up a slightly used car if u don't wanna go thru all the BS mentioned in the OP.

BTW i'm only 14 so i have NO idea wat the process of speccing a car involves. if u don't spec it, u get all the standard options and u only get to choose the colour? wat else can u change?
Originally Posted by 81911
I doubt he can read based on his typing.
i apologise if i made any mistakes in my post

it was 4+ in the morning when i typed that.

Last edited by hg_wng; 12-29-2010 at 03:52 AM.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:49 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gmaccormack
...360k?

Old 12-29-2010, 06:13 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gvan
The alignment took them about an hour. Spinning the car at high speed over the median and into a lamp post took them a couple minutes. The aftermath is the time consuming bit.
Whoa, that was yours? I read about that on Jalopnik a few weeks ago. Crazy.

Quick Reply: Truth or Myth: I cannot walk into a dealership and buy a new 458.