Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Suggest a First Panerai?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 11:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Impossible to answer. Go online and find a retailer with lots of models, narrow it down to a few and research those online and in person. Don't get a rolex, they are everywhere and boring.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:51 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Shoaib S will become famous soon enoughShoaib S will become famous soon enoughShoaib S will become famous soon enoughShoaib S will become famous soon enoughShoaib S will become famous soon enoughShoaib S will become famous soon enoughShoaib S will become famous soon enough
I would say the Pam 000 Base is a good choice for a first Panerai.

It has the 44mm Luminor case and only the hour and the minute hand. If you would like a second hand, take a look at the PAM 005 which is exactly the same as the PAM 000 but with a second hand at 9'o'clock

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The next models in the line up are The PAM 112 and the PAM 111 which are the same as the PAM 000 and PAM 0005 respectively but with a sapphire caseback, sandwich dial and no logo on the dial. These models cost a bit more.
PAM 112(same as 000 but without the loge, with sandwich dial and sapphire caseback)

PAM 111(same as 005, without the logo, with sandwich dial and sapphire caseback)

You can also go for the Radiomir models(the radiomir has a thin case, making it more suitable as a dress watch), the Radiomir base 210 and the Radiomir base logo 380.
PAM 210

PAM 380

All of these can be had used in the 4-5k region.
Good Luck

Last edited by Shoaib S; 06-21-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for that Shoaib
i would love more tutorials explaining all the Pam stuff
digging the 000, very straightforward ticking the right boxes

edit: ps according to raiff's $4k quote that is really a good deal imho for an entry

Last edited by boursachi; 06-21-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
This has to be the best post of them all.
Everyone else please post pics.
I find it stupid to write "go with model # 144054564, who knows wtf it is?
especially when 90% of all Panerais look alike

Originally Posted by Shoaib S
I would say the Pam 000 Base is a good choice for a first Panerai.

All of these can be had used in the 4-5k region.
Good Luck

Last edited by Ced; 06-21-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
I have lusted over the 40mm luminor reserve for quite some time...

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340324534.003376.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  37.6 KB

Old 06-22-2012, 08:31 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Shoaib S will become famous soon enoughShoaib S will become famous soon enoughShoaib S will become famous soon enoughShoaib S will become famous soon enoughShoaib S will become famous soon enoughShoaib S will become famous soon enoughShoaib S will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
I have lusted over the 40mm luminor reserve for quite some time...

Attachment 108406
If you do decide to Buy one, go for a used one as the 40mm models dont hold thier value well.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:35 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
i purchased a 112 last year.

sandwich dial + sapphire case back = win

sometimes i want to trade up for a 312, but i rather have a 112 + another piece (IWC) than all in on one.