Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.
View Poll Results: Where would be the best road trip experience.?
USA
35.71%
Europe
64.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Help me decide my summer, Europe or USA?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
Lol I meant me my friend...

Old 06-23-2012, 07:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Royal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond repute
The US probably has more interesting landmarks (especially the westcoast), but Europe has the roads you want for a roadtrip.

If Europe I'd be happy to show you around in The Netherlands! PM me once you've decided.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:37 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 997carrerasblk06
Europe but you will meet more cool TS'ers in the US of A
+1

Euro for the driving
US for the cool people

why not just split it up?

Old 06-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ordered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for all the invites guys, I really appreciate it

@ ECB, reason I don't want to split it up is pretty much the cost, if I stay in 1 place and drive all around I save $$$ when it comes to air fare, I don't see the point in spending 12 days in the States and then flying to Europe, or vice versa.

Id rather stay in 1 place and allocate a bigger portion of my budget to renting a nice car.

Who would want to go to the autobahn and rent a Peugeot 307 lol.

Also been watching some vids on the salt flats in the States, its definitely sparked my interest.

@ 997carrerasblk06

I know , you have one of my fav Turbos, I've always loved the full red tails, and your exhaust just puts it over the top.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:59 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ordered Analogue

Who would want to go to the autobahn and rent a Peugeot 307 lol.
check out Sixt and "BMW on demand"
very good rates there!
also special cars available,..M3 at sixt for 99€ a day
others upon request

I love the US,..

but going coast to coast means driving endless hours through wasteland like areas,..
really I`d then go that way that you do the west coast and then fly to the east coast and see the rest
not that pricey,..

I`d love to go down the Pacific Highway #1 again for example,..a lot of nice stuff along the road
but ,..say LA to Vegas was like 90% straight boring tarmac,..and it wouldnt be all that different many times when going coast to coast

Last edited by ECB; 06-24-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Pure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond repute
The map you posted in the other thread is doable, but that exact route has VERY little to see. With some modification, it could be a very memorable trip.

I'm a proponent of driving across the country if you have the right mini-destinations, if that's what you want to do. But you've got to find a way to make it worth it.

Like ECB says above, hitting the East and then flying to the West coast (or -><-) would be the most "bang for the buck". But there are some amazing things to see in the middle of the country, however the roads between them are long! I love long road trips, I love landmarks, and I love the USA so I'm a little biased

Old 06-24-2012, 10:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
My initial reaction is Europe. But in the months you mentioned it could be so congested everywhere you go.

I'd second a west coast trip. I'd be sure to spend time in Napa valley and the PCH. maybe check out the grand canyon and some other national parks.

Old 06-24-2012, 03:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Do the 5 Day German Porsche Driving Trip (see thread in this section) and the fly over to the USA and do NYC for a few days - then Chicago for a few days - then fly into Seattle and go from Seattle all the way down to San Diego along coast. Lots of cool driving - both Euro and US - and you avoid the painfully boring "fly over" states hahahahaha

Old 06-24-2012, 04:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
burnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond repute
^^Hey now...come on down to Tennessee, we'll show you how to have some fun.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:22 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
I think focussing on driving is the wrong way anyway,..

I mean,as much as I love cars and driving,there is just SO much more to see and do when on vacation
the driving may accompany it though

Quick Reply: Help me decide my summer, Europe or USA?