Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

going to Paris for the summer

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 07:40 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
lmao

priceless story

Old 04-29-2012, 05:10 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
dm46 is an unknown quantity at this point
learn some french, you will find the whole experience a lot more enjoyable. And if that fails, then these guys who hire luxury cars in France may be your saviours! Get yourself a nice little sports car for a few days and you'll soon be cruising down the Champs Elysee with a lovely French belle.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:53 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
hipEdwards will become famous soon enoughhipEdwards will become famous soon enoughhipEdwards will become famous soon enoughhipEdwards will become famous soon enoughhipEdwards will become famous soon enoughhipEdwards will become famous soon enoughhipEdwards will become famous soon enoughhipEdwards will become famous soon enough
I'll copy/paste my most from the other topic about Paris (hope mods won't consider it as a spam, they can remove the links if they think it's too much).

"I went to Paris a couple of times with my wife . There are a lot of 5 star hotels near the Champs Elysées that are quite pleasant. If you want to go to the most prestigious, choose the Ritz or the Cristal Hotel.

If you want something more quiet, the Eiffel Seine is the best (my browser couldn't open their website so i don't know if it is still online).

However, since you'll surely want to taste the famous french gastronomy, my advice is to avoid the Hotel's restaurants since they're usually crowded and really expensive for what they offer. It is up to you to find small typical french restaurants (usually not listed in the guidebooks) with quality food.

If you want to experience something new in the city, my wife found Home the other day , it's a company that proposes to discover french culture by dining with members of the high society in luxurious apartments. We didn't contact them yet but their services seem really originals, we plan to try it during our next trip.

If you have more questions about Paris i'll be glad to help you"

+ the cliché of the unfriendly or american-hater French people isn't justified at all. Even if i ran into some quite unfriendly people, Paris' inhabitants are usually very warm.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:07 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Paris is great.

Old 08-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
The Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura about
post update!

thanks for all the advise guys, so far i'm loving paris, thinking about investing in a apartment here as a 2nd home in the future.

the food here is great, even the carrefour(european stop &shop) has excellent quality food.

there are little unknown french restaurants everywhere, and surprisingly i have not ran into any rude french people with anti american mindset. so far every restaurant bill me and my friend ran up to has been around 50-80 euro, not overly expensive as we thought but not cheap either!

guys if you ever to have a good time paris is definitely the place to be.

oh and i went to Amsterdam last weekend

Old 08-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds great! Got any pictures?

Old 08-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
The Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura about
of course, but my internet is not that great here, really low bandwidth. oh thats right, forgot to mention i'm still here haha, i'll be back next week.

Old 08-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Moving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the rough
If you drink espresso, make sure you hit up the flagship Nespresso store on the Champps; part bar, part shopping, part high-end cafe dealership!

Old 09-03-2012, 05:38 PM
Banned
markspencer27 is an unknown quantity at this point
There is no basis that Paris is not a friendly-zone for American tourists. In fact, the city remains as one of the most visited luxury destinations by many Americans.

The chance of having romantic affairs with a girl you've just met in a bar or disco in Paris does not depend either on your capacity to speak French. There are many women in Paris who know how to speak English. Basically, language would not be a barrier.

The City of Lights is a very romantic destination to spend your summer. The home of Eiffel Tower, Moulin Rouge, Notre Dame Ctahedral, and The Louvre is also a fashion spot. Ave Champs-Elysees will satisfy you with its high-end boutiques, restaurants, and hotels. Top accommodations include Hotel Lancaster, Relais Christine, and Bel Ami.