Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

5 Day Porsche Driving Trip in Germany (pics!)

Old 10-30-2011, 04:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
5 Day Porsche Driving Trip in Germany (pics!)

TeamSpeed,

Some of you knew about the trip i had organized a few months ago to Germany for 5 days of Porsche & Car Guy fun ---- well, I'm back! What a trip it was. We descended upon Germany and packed in as much as any car guy could handle. The Porsche Museum, AMG Headquarters, tons of local dealerships including Porsche Stuttgart and many other amazing automotive sites. Our transportation for the trip were brand new 997.2's. I have over 1000 photos from the trip so picking the ones to share is tough - however i will do my best to give a good highlight reel to you all.

First stop - Porsche Museum...

Then across the street to the local Porsche dealership....this place is unreal. So many cars in stock - cool new cars in combos i had never seen - lots of rare birds for sale that were gently used - and clients cars in for service around back that are just breath taking!

Then we walked across the street again to the Porsche factory. We didnt have a tour lined up on this trip so we just snooped around the outside (which is a lot of fun!) MANY 991's were being produced here. I lost count of how many i saw on this trip both on the street, in parking lots around town, and of course here fresh off the line at the factory...

WOW, what a first day it was. We celebrate downtown Stuttgart with a tall beer and a nice meal

More Pictures to come!!!

Old 10-30-2011, 04:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
DAY #2

OK, the first day was packed with Porches of all kinds --- the museum, the factory spitting out 991's, and even a stop at the local dealer to see some awesome Porsches we never see here in Philly. What else could a Porsche fan possibly want?

A 997 Targa 4 (for me!) and a 997 C4S (for my friends!) to take out on the Autobahn and back roads for the next 3 days!!!

Here we are getting our cars at the airport

Now time for some driving. We head out of the airport to a super cool town named Heidelburg. Its on the river and nestled into the side of a mountain. For those of you that have been you know how cool of a place this is - for those that havent - close your eyes and dream of the most picturesque/story book German town - that is Heidelburg.

Time for a beer and some food in Heidelburg. Good times with friends and food talking about cars. Is there anything better? hahahaha

On our way home we played with this nice black R8 through the twisties

Back at the hotel. About 250 km covered and some nice blasts on the autobahn. For some in our group it was their first time on the "unlimited" section with no speed limits and they LOVED IT!

Saw this bad boy sitting in our hotel parking lot later that night - so cool!

OK, time for another nice meal and a beer (or two!) To another great day....

Last edited by pearlcoupeg35; 10-30-2011 at 04:42 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:48 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
That's looks amazing!! Thanks for post where did you get the Porsches? Rental or Euro delivery?

Old 10-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by MontrealMike
That's looks amazing!! Thanks for post where did you get the Porsches? Rental or Euro delivery?
Thanks Mike. Many more photos to post --- and the cars were rented for our trip.

Old 10-30-2011, 04:55 PM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome!! That looks like such a good time, did you get to sit in the new 991?

Old 10-30-2011, 05:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
DAY #3

Wake up early and grab breakfast at the hotel. On my way to the mens room i spot this guy in the parking lot - i knew it would be a good day today

So todays mission? AMG!!!

So after poking around the lobby area we meet our guide for the private tour - he asked us to not take ANY pictures during the factory tour but did allow us to snap a few photos in the client lounge. What a great place to hang out and have coffee!

After the tour we walked around and saw some more cool rides sitting around outside

So we left Affalterbach where AMG was located and took the back way into Stuttgart to meet up with some friends for food/driving. Stopped and snapped a few pics high above the city - wow what a view! (and roads to get there rocked!)

Stopped into the local Audi dealer hoping to see an RS5....and guess what they had?! (my fav color too)

Then we cruise around town a little and happen to end up back at Porsche - might as well take a few pics

We end another great day with a fantastic meal (didnt have a second to take a picture because i was so hungry). The last course was unreal as well and i did manage to snap a pic

Cheers to another AWESOME day in Germany!

Old 10-30-2011, 05:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Glad you had fun mate.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by LABrit
Glad you had fun mate.
Thanks Josh --- fun is an understatement.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:17 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MontrealMike You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Thanks Mike. Many more photos to post --- and the cars were rented for our trip.
Who did you use please send info. Thanks.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Dutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond repute
Best way to explore Germany. Looks like an unforgettable trip! Thanks for the pics.
Oh, and it's Heidelberg.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 5 Day Porsche Driving Trip in Germany (pics!)