Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

Texas - Best place in the world

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Montana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond repute
Texas - Best place in the world

Lots of TS'ers in this post!

So I recently visited Texas with a view to moving out there permanently on a work transfer.

Until this trip, I always thought my favourite place was Copenhagen.

I now have Texas (in general) up there as my absolute favourite place.

I got there and almost instantly went out with BMoores & Scott in Houston to Pappas

Best steak ever!

Weirdly, on a Plane to LA, Pappas is also mentioned as one of the best American Steakhouses

So, Houston. Humid. Yet awesome. I love the place. Plenty of space, lots of varying areas, GREAT people.

BMoores and Scott in Houston are awesome guys. We had a great time at Pappas and I've since spent a lot of time with BMoores in particular (not in a gay way). Great times!

H-Town storm drains are HUGE

View from my hotel room

Sarah got to Texas on the Friday (I had arrived Sunday) and we went out for Breakfast with BMoores and Green. BMoores car is FAST, like CRAXY fast (the X is for Xtra crazy) and Green's car is one of the nicest GT3's I have ever seen. Perfect colour combo and looks awesome in the Texas sun.

Breakfast at the Empire Cafe on Westheimer, great breakfast, great company.

Went and saw some nice sub-divisions (As I'm looking at relocating to Houston)

On Sunday we drove up to Dallas.
This was seen on the way

He passed me doing like 80.

Does anyone know who this is? Its on the I45 from Houston-Dallas

More riders in trucks

Crazy common

Dallas was 'OK'. Stayed in a nice Hotel, food was average, Dallas was a bit rubbish really. Saw a cool truck tho

Next day we made our way to Fort Worth

They have a cattle drive down the main street twice a day

My new favorite flag

Bridge over the cattle pens

It appears people are actually happy driving POS' like this:

I like this description of Texans

Fort Worth

Our Hotel

Long drive the next day

Very true sign post

Went to Mount Bonnell, which overlooks Austin, I had a wee

I was nervous. Stood here:

And proposed to my girlfriend.
DrivenAgain (J Wade) from here had made me a ring, awesome guy to deal with, great customer skills, awesome work, REALLY happy.
He took the design brief of an existing Danish ring and made it better for me, thinner band, bigger diamond, comfier shape etc.

I can't recommend him highly enough, He will definitely look after you.

So, that was me engaged.

We stayed here, it was actually really really nice

Went here

Many, many of these

Sarah took pictures of the road trips as we went, we both love Shiner Bock

Old 05-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Montana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond repute
Do people (School Buses especially) not realise they have to give way to traffic already on the freeway?

Crazy mofos

I just love Click it or Ticket. Funny to an Englishman

Do you have any gold? Most serious cash paid...

Onto San Antonio. Watched the IMAX movie first, made it a lot better experience

Didn't like SA tho, its like a seaside town, tacky shops, people shouting at you. In fact, I disliked the place!
Stayed here:

However, at night we went here:
I 'really' shocked the waitress when I explained I wanted a picture of her next to my girfriend so we could have a picture of awesome tits next to no tits

Didnt see as many of these as I expected I would

Something close to my heart (or my work anyway!)

Drove down the I90 through some lovely rural places to get to here

They make this

We weren't allowed to take pictures inside
Good sign outside tho

One of the guys bought a lot...

Got stuck behind a huge cable reel. They had a cherry picker truck in front to lift the traffic light wires high enough for the truck to pass under!

Saw this fool

And a proper American Train

Saw this book in a shop, its an awesome kids book. Part of it says "Texans wear the worlds most uncomfortable boots that make us walk funny. But thats OK as everyone in Texas owns a Cadillac

Then, got on a plane

And landed in LA. Went for food first

Got a BRAND NEW (146 miles on the odometer) Dodge Charger rental

Its SLOW. I miss my M3...

Today is a rest day. Tonight is Medieval Times!!!

Last edited by Montana; 05-28-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:53 PM
Banned
Jo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like you had a great time! Congrats on the engagement!!

Old 05-28-2010, 06:59 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
I like how you snuck in an engagement in there! Congrats!

Old 05-28-2010, 07:09 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like your enjoying your stay in America, have fun and I must say I've enjoyed reading and looking at the pictures.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats again on the engagement! I see you sampled my favorite beer as well.

It's hard for me to disagree with your thread title

Old 05-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond repute
Fantastic adventure!

Old 05-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
The statue is of Sam Houston, who led Texas to independence from Mexico. He is the only person in U.S. history to be the governor of two states (the other being Tennessee). Houston, TX is named after him obviously.

I'm glad you are enjoying Texas and the United States, and I would like to apologize for the many vehicles that blocked the passing lanes during your stay. I yearn for an autobahn-level awareness of yielding to faster traffic here in America.

Last edited by Overtaker; 05-28-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
barchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the engagement. Nice pics

Old 05-28-2010, 07:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting. We were there around the same time, but I liked San Antonio and couldn't get out of Houston fast enough.

Congratulations on getting engaged.

Oh yeah, and Shiner is the best!

Quick Reply: Texas - Best place in the world