Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

Going to South Africa in November, places to stay?

Old 09-16-2010, 06:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
edbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond repute
Going to South Africa in November, places to stay?

Heading there with wifey to attend our friends wedding in cape town and will stay there for 10 days or so, interested to hear about places to stay, places to eat and so on.

we might be staying here for the first couple of nights, its close to where the wedding is.

so far the plan is:

first 2 days: wedding stuff.

3rd days: rent a couple F650GS or something close and ride around the Cape Peninsula.

4th/5th/6th: Get PADI licensed and maybe go shark diving.

no plan for the remaining 4 days, but we will not be able to fly back immediately after diving, so might as well see more of south africa.

anyone would like to share their experience, what to do, what to avoid and things we shouldn't miss, and where you stayed.

Old 09-16-2010, 06:43 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
Casa de Mike S

Old 09-16-2010, 08:11 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Cape Town is great, you will love it.
Knysna is also close by and nice. What are you interested in? Game viewing and all that kinda thing or more nightlife and parties?
One and Only Hotel in CT (One& Only Cape Town, South Africa) is nice and new, heard good things about it, but have never stayed there myself.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:20 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Chris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant future
Not sure how much you looking to spend on accommodation but this is pretty reasonable and very nice.

Protea Hotel President

Old 09-16-2010, 08:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
edbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sinan
Casa de Mike S
I thought he lived in swisslandstan!!

Originally Posted by calypso
Knysna is also close by and nice. What are you interested in? Game viewing and all that kinda thing or more nightlife and parties?
One and Only Hotel in CT (One& Only Cape Town, South Africa) is nice and new, heard good things about it, but have never stayed there myself.
we're more into busy days and mellow evenings, more into the out doors than party. thanks for the link, the hotel looks nice, but too baller for my blood.

Originally Posted by Chris888
Not sure how much you looking to spend on accommodation but this is pretty reasonable and very nice.

Protea Hotel President
thanks chris, I will check it out, it looks like a very decent place.

Old 09-21-2010, 04:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sinan
Casa de Mike S

Originally Posted by calypso
Be sure to visit Franschoek! Very scenic little town, quite a nice drive as well. Get to taste various wines

You can also visit the Rupert's motor museum while you are there, the McLarens and Enzo have just had their services done - so they will be on display for sure. Really worth while, a lot of old Bugatti's and other vintage race cars from the 1930's and prior. Franschhoek Motor Museum

One and Only in Cape Town is very nice, you can have their Maybach drive you around. With the Bahraini Dinar being so strong, it should be a bargain vacation for you

Old 09-21-2010, 05:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Mike S

Be sure to visit Franschoek! Very scenic little town, quite a nice drive as well. Get to taste various wines

You can also visit the Rupert's motor museum while you are there, the McLarens and Enzo have just had their services done - so they will be on display for sure. Really worth while, a lot of old Bugatti's and other vintage race cars from the 1930's and prior. Franschhoek Motor Museum

One and Only in Cape Town is very nice, you can have their Maybach drive you around. With the Bahraini Dinar being so strong, it should be a bargain vacation for you
thanks mike, Franschoek looks like a great place and I think it would be a good ending to our trip. any recommendations for Hotels over there?

Old 09-21-2010, 05:15 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
If I promise not to cause any trouble, hit on your wife or get too drunk on the plane, can I come with?

Old 09-21-2010, 06:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by jox
If I promise not to cause any trouble, hit on your wife or get too drunk on the plane, can I come with?
did u not receive your invitation? there are a few nice bois we wanted to introduce you to.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by edbhr
thanks mike, Franschoek looks like a great place and I think it would be a good ending to our trip. any recommendations for Hotels over there?
Hi ed,

Most of the vineyards there offer accomodation and vary in star ratings.

This is quite a nice one.
Luxury Five Star Resort | Le Franschhoek

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Going to South Africa in November, places to stay?