Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Chicago

Guys, I hate to admit this, but I have never had the opportunity to visit Chicago and this summer I would like to plan a trip to change that.

Where to stay?
What to do?

I know one thing, I would like to take some architecture tours.

Thanks,
Cole M.

Old 02-15-2008, 05:44 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
you should have seen MTK's thread. chicago is an awesome place you will love it.

Old 02-15-2008, 06:29 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute
LOTS of architecture in Chicago. Make sure you check out the Mies Van Der Rohe building on Lake Shore Drive and Frank Lloyd Wright's home and studio in Oak Park. There are a bunch of Wright homes on his street and a couple of streets down is Ernest Hemingway's home.

Old 02-15-2008, 06:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by 2thfixr
LOTS of architecture in Chicago. Make sure you check out the Mies Van Der Rohe building on Lake Shore Drive and Frank Lloyd Wright's home and studio in Oak Park. There are a bunch of Wright homes on his street and a couple of streets down is Ernest Hemingway's home.
Will do, thanks!

Old 02-17-2008, 02:49 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
W8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant future
My favorite place to stay is the Peninsula near Water Tower Place.

If you're a foodie, Rick Bayless has a haute cuisine Mexican (I know, mixed metaphor) dining duo called Fontera Grill (good) and Topolobampo (great) next to each other a few blocks south of Hard Rock on Clark (IIRC). Do the Topolobampo tasting menu with the wine pairing and be prepared to be blown away. Their sommelier is very gifted.