Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

Espresso Machines - post em

Old 02-04-2008, 01:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ipohopper is an unknown quantity at this point
Espresso Machines - post em

Hey guys. Picked up a new home automatic espresso machine. It's a Saeco Talea Giro. It's the "bean to cup" one which I know many purists are not a fan of but it's convenient and tastes great to me.

For those of you with similar machines do you keep the power on all the time? I was wondering if it's ok to keep them on like maybe it uses a lot of electricity or wears out the heating elements. Everytime I power it up it does a small cleaning cycles and spits out some hot water.

So post your espresso machines!

Old 02-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond repute
We have one of these...

Attached Images  
Old 02-04-2008, 02:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
nerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the rough
I'm looking for a bean-to-cup espresso machine, hopefully with a timer. I want my shots ready when I get up in the morning, and I hate grinding and brewing while I'm trying to get out the door. Aside from what you guys may have, does anyone have suggestions/recommendations?

Old 02-04-2008, 02:10 PM
CLS
Teamspeed Senior Member
CLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond repute
We have this bad boy makes great expresso....

Attached Images  
Old 02-04-2008, 02:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ipohopper is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by nerual
I'm looking for a bean-to-cup espresso machine, hopefully with a timer. I want my shots ready when I get up in the morning, and I hate grinding and brewing while I'm trying to get out the door. Aside from what you guys may have, does anyone have suggestions/recommendations?

The bean-to-cup ones are pretty quick. They take about 20 - 30 seconds to make a cup.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Teamspeed's Official Shaikh
CondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond repute
My best friend in the morning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfyeXrdZZ1o

Attached Images   

Last edited by CondorCGT; 02-04-2008 at 02:23 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
nerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ipohopper
The bean-to-cup ones are pretty quick. They take about 20 - 30 seconds to make a cup.
I meant I currently have to do the grinding myself, so I want a machine with a built in hopper and grinder. The timer is just so the nice smell of coffee can help me have a reason to get out of bed.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:35 PM
Teamspeed Member
UCrazyKid has a spectacular aura aboutUCrazyKid has a spectacular aura aboutUCrazyKid has a spectacular aura aboutUCrazyKid has a spectacular aura aboutUCrazyKid has a spectacular aura aboutUCrazyKid has a spectacular aura aboutUCrazyKid has a spectacular aura aboutUCrazyKid has a spectacular aura aboutUCrazyKid has a spectacular aura aboutUCrazyKid has a spectacular aura aboutUCrazyKid has a spectacular aura about
Breville 800ESXL Commercial

I love this thing. Die cast stainless steel, built like a tank. Makes great espresso and has had not so much as a hiccup in 2 years of daily use.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Teamspeed Member
no_car is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by GT3Scott
We have one of these...

agreed scott i love the miele! awesome machine!

Search this Thread