Notices
The Teamspeed Music Forum General Music Discussions, Trends, Instruments, Equipment, Pro Audio, Driving Music, & More.

WTB Steinway Baby Grand

Old 12-31-2012, 01:41 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Birel22 is an unknown quantity at this point
WTB Steinway Baby Grand

I am unsure if this is the correct forum to place this thread but the family has decided that a Steinway baby grand would be a great addition to my in laws new home. With that said, we would like to purchase one that has been gently used and well maintained. Any leads or suggestions to assist our search is appreciated.

Thanks

Old 12-31-2012, 01:51 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure if they deal with these but if anyone can put you on the right path it's Mark and the team at Sweetwater - Mark Magdich -> Mark_Magdich@sweetwater.com

Old 12-31-2012, 07:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Wearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Seriously Craigslist. That is where I got my K52 upright Steinway for a song. I have been looking for a D myself lately to upgrade. Most local restorers will list piano's as well on Craigslist as well.

If you have a serious piano player on your hands they should be the one to pick it out. The tone of each Steinway is variable and there is only so much that a good tuner can do. Plus each grand plays just a little bit different. Also avoid any Steinway with the plastic inserts in the action, they can be updated but its not cheap.

2006 Viper Coupe FE (Track Prepped)
2002 Prowler (Cruiser)
2013 Scion IQ (Moving Chicane)
1961 Cadillac Convertible (Lowrider)
2011 JCW Mini Cooper

Last edited by Wearymicrobe; 12-31-2012 at 07:24 PM.