Notices
The Teamspeed Music Forum General Music Discussions, Trends, Instruments, Equipment, Pro Audio, Driving Music, & More.

Today marks 20th anniversary of Nirvana's nevermind

Old 09-27-2011, 03:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ktvegas
I found maybe 5 songs on that list that I would even consider listening to again today.
I agree with you. However, a lot of the good stuff was main stream (AIC, Pearl Jam, Bush, Nirvana, STP, Janes Addiction, the list goes on). Today, there is absolutely nothing but trash with reused beats and autotuned vocals. At least even singers of the bad music of 20 years ago actually had to sing. And the rap even had a story. It wasn't just about rims and big asses.

BTW, here is a great list of popular music in the 1990s. I would consider listening to a bit more than half of the things listed.

Bradboard Top Songs of the 90s

These days, it isn't even worth the effort to turn on the radio. Not saying music is completely dead though. Its just that there is hardly any left, and it is very hard to find because it just isn't popular. Take for example Pearl Jam, whose lead singer didn't blow their head off or OD, they came out with a new album in 2009. Some of it was watered down to today's standards, but there were a few very, very good songs.

But as with all sort of "fads", this generation of dreadful music should fade out, right? It went from the hard rockers of the 70's into the pop of the 80's, and into hardcore grunge, and considerable rap and hip hop. The early 2000s, pop became increasingly popular, and rock became too, I don't know.., Metallic. That's the best describing word. So, here we are in 2011, and there is absolutely no sign of this trash fading out.

It seems like the worse the producers make it, the more people buy it.

Old 09-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
parealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond repute
I was just about to turn 21 20 years ago. Running a west coast video with an all female staff under 25, making $38K plus scalping tickets I thought I was king. Spent every penny I made and then some. If I would have known then what I know now.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Like I said, you have to look hard for good music these days. Seether is a great example.

Watching this video, you'd almost think Kurt came back to life. The voices are that similar.

Seether - Heart Shaped Box - Nirvana Cover - Live - Edgefest 21 - Pizza Hut Park - YouTube

Old 09-27-2011, 09:33 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry but wrong. Can't replace someone once they are gone.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I'm not saying he can be a replacement at all. There's certainly no replacing Kurt. Just comparing him to show how actually good he is.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:46 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
He's the best singer out of today's rock bands. I'll go that far

Old 09-27-2011, 09:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by gmaccormack
He's the best singer out of today's rock bands. I'll go that far
Yeah, I'd agree. I like how he doesn't have that annoying "poppy" hits every single note perfectly voice that nearly all modern rock bands have.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
parealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond repute
seether is one of the better bands out there these days. Im not saying they dont exist, just seems like you have to really look hard to find good bands who arent overproduced one hit wonders

Old 09-28-2011, 12:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
VegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond repute
I'm going to list the current bands of talent.

1)Muse
2).....