Notices
The Teamspeed Music Forum General Music Discussions, Trends, Instruments, Equipment, Pro Audio, Driving Music, & More.

Metal fans - check out Cavalera Conspiracy

Old 08-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Metal fans - check out Cavalera Conspiracy

So, assuming you ever had a soft spot for Sepultura (and who among us doesn't?), the disappointment you felt when the original line-up disbanded can be banished to the recesses of your memory.

What made Sepultura special was the chemistry between the Cavalera brothers, Max and Igor (vocals/rhythm guitar and drums respectively). Whether it was Stevie Ray and Jimmy Vaughan, the Van Halens, or Pantera, whenever brothers wind up in a band together, it's always better than anything they do without the other. So, imagine my excitement when they got back together to form Cavalera Conspiracy. I just got their album, Inflikted, and I'm liking it. It's definitely got an old-school thrash vibe to it, much as the early Sepultura albums had, but with better lead guitar and production values.

Between this, and the Alex Skolnick recording with Testament again, I'm a happy metalhead.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
carendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond repute
thanks - that sounds pretty good!

- chuck

Old 08-02-2009, 09:31 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Downloading on iTunes as I type this!

I LOVED the original Sepultura. Hell, up until recently, I'd get up on stage with a band that I used to manage and do a cover of Territory. LLLLoooveee the original.

I think you're spot on P, something about the way the brothers interact in the music that make it really special.

Nice catch.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond repute
Very cool...I've been listening to Soul Fly at the gym...will pick this up...thx

Old 08-03-2009, 09:16 AM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Finished downloading, and damn... this is good. It really goes to show that those brothers had a ton to do with the sound of Sepultura.