Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Personal Protection Recommendation?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
The MP7 is only legal for military, law enforcement and government sales in the US. The armor-piercing ammo is illegal for civilians, too. We tested all the different ammo types. Very impressive. It would definitely overpenetrate soft tissue. Here's some more info:

Heckler & Koch - USA

Old 07-09-2012, 05:44 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
mechamegalodon is an unknown quantity at this point
another good choice for a more full sized pistol would be as many said a glock, a walther p99 or ppq, or the cz 75b. i find that the 1911s have too many parts

Old 07-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond repute
Go glock and dont look back. I know too many people who know way too much about a lot of things surrounding these subjects and way too many of them carry for some reason or other a glock to NOT consider using one yourself. And with enough training, one can easily make anything within 100 meters touchable. I was doing that just a few weeks ago with a near stock glock (had some dawson sights on it).

Old 07-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Glock... That's what I've been saying all along.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:39 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
LARRY is an unknown quantity at this point
You're going to be scared shitless...out of your mind...if some asshole breaks into your house. There is a really good chance that you'll be shaking so hard you'll stovepipe your Glock, and then you're out of luck and the gun won't fire.

After alot of thought, I keep a Colt Python loaded with 6 rounds of frangible ammo in a quick lock box next to my bed.

All I have to do is pull the trigger and it will fire. If not, just pull the trigger again.

Frangible ammo won't go through every wall and kill your neighbor by accident.

And 6 rounds are plenty. He either runs...or dies.

Yes, I have a Benelli shotgun for a shoot out with warning. But for the middle of the night sudden action? I want a gun that a jury will appreciate too.

PHOTOS BELOW: Colt Python Revolver, Frangible Ammo after it's shot, and a common "Stove Pipe" on a semi-automatic pistol - the gun won't fire.

Attached Images    

Last edited by LARRY; 11-26-2012 at 06:52 PM.