Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

FN SCAR short barrels

Old 09-20-2010, 03:47 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
FN SCAR short barrels

I am looking for a short barrel for my SCAR, but it seems like a unicorn chase. Apparently the barrels are "tuned" with their individual gas block, so while the barrel is modular, unfortunately each barrel is tied to a specific gas block. This thread has some particulars:

SCAR SBR CQC replacement barrel - M4Carbine.net Forums

I am looking to the CQB barrel, preferably with the Surefire suppressor adapter fitted. If I can find a short barrel, I'll do the SBR and suppressor stamps.

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-21-2010, 04:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Secure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant future
About the only way you are going to get one is if you know a FN dealer that does law enforcement contracts. FN pretty much only sends those barrels to LEO. You can call them to discuss details if you like. Good luck.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:20 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm I have some friends who have friends in high places with FN - I guess I'll check with them (though I hate cashing in favor chips for something "small").

If any of you guys have LE/MIL contracts w/FN, please let me know. I still might qualify based on things we can discuss.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:51 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
EricH is a splendid one to beholdEricH is a splendid one to beholdEricH is a splendid one to beholdEricH is a splendid one to beholdEricH is a splendid one to beholdEricH is a splendid one to beholdEricH is a splendid one to beholdEricH is a splendid one to beholdEricH is a splendid one to beholdEricH is a splendid one to beholdEricH is a splendid one to behold
Chris,

I remember reading the barrels from that website are only blanks, they'll still require a separate barrel extension and gas block.

I know of a couple individuals who chopped their original 16" barrels down to 10" and had the gas ports modified with good results, if you'd like more info let me know.

Old 09-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Watch this space.
Originally Posted by EricH
Chris,

I remember reading the barrels from that website are only blanks, they'll still require a separate barrel extension and gas block.

I know of a couple individuals who chopped their original 16" barrels down to 10" and had the gas ports modified with good results, if you'd like more info let me know.
Eric - I really want to keep the stock barrel in case I resell the gun. It'll give me more options to sell it as a non-NFA weapon. I will keep you in mind if I decide otherwise.

At this point, I might just get a piston AR and go that route for the short barreled gun w/suppressor.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
Stumbled across this today and remembered you wanted one.

FN SCAR Barrel Chop to 10.0" - Page 1 - AR15.COM

Looks like you send him your barrel and he cuts it down for $125. There are several testimonials. However, the bolt will only lock back if the rifle is suppressed. To get the bolt to cycle unsuppressed you have to open up the gas port a little bit, but evidently this is incredibly easy to do with a reamer.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Watch this space.
That's sweet and I do want to suppress it. That just might work... thanks!