Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

SPAS 12: testing the waters

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 11:31 AM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
SPAS 12: testing the waters

Any fans of the SPAS 12 shotgun?

In keeping with she who must be obeyed's new policy of one has to go out, before a new one can come in; I'm thinking about parting with my SPAS 12.

I don't have pics on this computer, but as soon as I can get to my desktop, I'll put some pics up. Suffice it to say, this is a shot of this piece of art:

I am extremely hesitant to let this go, but... opportunity cost says that I have to give to get, and there is something I REALLY want... If no one bites, no biggie, it'll go.

None the less, do not over look shotguns in your arsenal. They are a LOT of fun!!!!! Frankly, seeing stuff explode is a lot more satisfying than punching holes.

At a minimum, you need to have something like a Remington 870 in your collection. Some good stuff out there to have a lot of fun with.

Old 12-11-2008, 11:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I guess it really depends on what you are replacing it with! Something cool I am sure. Nobody knows better than you Brian!

Whenever friends ask me what their first gun should be for home protection, I always say "get a 12-gauge shot gun and learn how to fire it." When I took my first protection course we had a drill where a target suddenly appeared in a door way of a dimly lit room. We had to try to hit it with various types of weapons from about 10-15 ft away. Hardly any of us hit it with the variety of handguns - even though it virtually filled the door! But everyone hit it with the shotgun - just demolished it. That has always stuck in my mind. With a good shotgun you don't even really have to aim that well in a pinch. With the right ammo, all you have to do is point in the general direction of the perp.

Of course, none of that applies to Brian! But the post made me think of the value a shotgun brings to one's personal arsenal. In my book it is indispensable.

Good luck Brian. If anyone knows the "deals" we make with the domestic goddess, it's me. (notice, no Scud yet.)

Last edited by Barrister; 12-11-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:51 AM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ LOL!

Dana, you are too kind my friend.

Your most recent deal is one of the books brother... Dayum... I told my wife about that last night, hoping she'd empathize and consider the standard that your lovely wife set!

What you said is gospel. If one is serious about home defense, then they must have a shotgun. Doesn't need to be this one in particular, but a good shotgun, period. An 870 can be had in the $270 range, so there is no excuse for any serious gun guy or girl to not have one.

I'll lay out what I'm going for as soon as I can confirm that I can get my paws on it... I don't wanna jinx it!

BTW, I think that it is VERY cool that you took a course bro. It sounds like you went to a good one too! Thats a pretty intense scenario that you got to go through. Ever thought about trying your hand at 3 gun match shooting? I'd lay money that you'd be damn good at it for a lot of reasons.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Josh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond repute
Has the safety issue been fixed on it?

Old 12-11-2008, 03:29 PM
TeH Ears
Cross button safety, not the lever version that enjoys setting off a round now and then...

Talk about a QA issue eh? Ya think that someone would have caught the issue that your friggin safety lever actually fired the gun going from safe to fire...

Last edited by chokeu2; 12-11-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:30 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Dude, just hide it. She'll never know.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:11 PM
TeH Ears
Originally Posted by Simba
Dude, just hide it. She'll never know.
You'd think... but strangely, this I don't get, but people pay her a stupid amount of money an hour to organize their homes, offices etc. She's a professional organizer, and there isn't an inch of this house that she doesn't know...

The only thing that I could pass off on her is another AR or AK, and a pistol. Not what I'm trying to score.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:17 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Not to worry bro, I'd be willing to hold it for you. Bring it Saturday, I promise to take real good care of it.

Originally Posted by chokeu2
You'd think... but strangely, this I don't get, but people pay her a stupid amount of money an hour to organize their homes, offices etc. She's a professional organizer, and there isn't an inch of this house that she doesn't know...

The only thing that I could pass off on her is another AR or AK, and a pistol. Not what I'm trying to score.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond repute
Spas 12 would be my last choice for a tactical auto 12ga. I'd go with a 870 Tactical before the spas. Benelli makes the superior M4. Its a pretty nice piece too.

Benelli M4
Benelli - Firearms - M4

Old 12-15-2008, 11:03 PM
TeH Ears
Its actually quite a nice weapon once the safety issue is addresses. I've got the 870 too.