Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

SCG 003......thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 08:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond repute

FB: StudioZero.de

Old 07-15-2015, 06:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond repute

Fb: Italiansupercar.net

Old 07-16-2015, 09:31 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
seawood is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by elhimiel
Touche.

But still, it's not street legal and even more unimaginative than the company he's copying. If you set out to improve something then don't make it worse.

And the LaFerrari is beautiful to my eyes. I'm sure it could have been made even more beautiful if they didn't have to worry about all those pesky "laws" or being able to back out of your garage without ripping the front off, but it is what it is.

No I already told you why I don't like him.

1) The car isn't street legal or practical even with supercar standards. He acts like it is and that the much harder working and artistic competition all just add weight and complexity for the sake of doing it when in fact it is just the reality of the homologation process. What he's saying is as dumb as if one of his race competitors would create a 800 kg car, never race with it, and call Jim's 1300 kg race homologated car heavy and complex and question his integrity. It's dishonest.

2) There are better and cheaper track day options out there. He pretends like there isn't. If this thing is never going to run on the streets then what's stopping you from buying a BAC Mono? And if it's not good for the streets, and not great for the tracks, then what is it? A garage queen is what it is. Even worse than what he's accusing the competition of doing. And again, highly dishonest.

3) It is not his vision or an original design. He takes pride in copying the Enzo but doesn't even have the decency to give them their dues. Instead he prides himself in doing it better than Ferrari. Not only is that dishonest, but stupid as well.

4) Plus all the other posing stuff. "Scuderia" Cameron Glickenhouse. "Stradale". "Competzione". He's fake italian buts act like a brash american loud mouth. He's the car worlds version of a wigger. It's incredibly off-putting.

5) He never had to work for it. His contemporaries Pagani and Koenigsegg took incredibly risks and put in a incredible amount of work to get to where they are. They have earned their respect from more than 20 years of struggle. Elon Musk quit university at 24 and put in 19 years of work to make himself a billionaire and start up Tesla. And in comes this guy who throws daddy's money at a race car and tells us that they are doing it wrong. Some humility would be in order. At least get it street homologated before you start running your mouth. Or try to create an original design. Or add something new to the industry, some innovations. You have not earned the respect as a car maker, you are a race car funder who got drafted by Pininfarina to be the wallet, and you bring nothing new.

You can give him a pass for all of those things, but you can't tell me I'm wrong. What he should have done is approach the situation with a lot more humility and tried to bring some personal creativity to the table. Though I'm guessing the latter is too much to ask from a guy who's only artistic merit is to write and direct the timeless classic The Exterminator.

The Exterminator (1980) - Theatrical Trailer - YouTube
i am surprised no one else here is feeling the same as you do. i wrote something very similar long time ago in a forum that he frequently visits and farts on and i got kicked out of it for stating my opinion. i can see how he is making noise by maximizing exposure ( the difference between spamming is very hard to define though) but really you can tell that there are a groupies(/fangirl if you put it nicely) that sing praise for him every where, it is amazingly annoying...game changer? hahaha that gotta be a joke.
i am with you 100% on everything about him and his project, especially the 'poser' theory.. i mean why did he copy the shape of ferrari's emblem instead of making his own?? everything he said about his car is questionable, it sounds like a big public stunt/commercial promotion that exaggerates thing more than stating fact.
i give him credit for at least making his new car better looking than that junky p4/5, but it is still not very good looking. and honestly, if someone said laferrari is an eyesore he have no credibility on talking about car design.

Last edited by seawood; 07-16-2015 at 09:38 AM.