Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

SCG 003......thoughts?

Old 03-08-2015, 05:48 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
elhimiel has a little shameless behaviour in the past
It has 60mm ground clearance and no front lift system. Aside from the rear light that he's so proud about it's not even close to being street homologated outside Glickenhaus's fantasy world and he will import it to the US and have it homologated in some states as a used kit-car. And in typically humble and respectful american style he talks smack on the competition before having any of the arduous and endless process of street homologation compromises behind him.

It's not even that advanced as a race car since you could get the LaFerrari, One:1 and Zonda down to it's weight in the same stripped out condition. The Zonda R is like 1050kg and Koenigsegg old CCGT weighs under 1000kg.

So he's a clown and the car is a joke. It's only slightly better for the road than the Devel Sixteen and just as real. What Glickenhaus wants is for people to rub his ego and that's what he's getting.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
lol tells how you really feel about him. lol

Old 03-10-2015, 07:11 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Oh you want to know how I really feel? Ok lol.

So more than half a year we've waited and he presents us with a less streetable BAC Mono or Ariel Atom (which btw are the much superior track cars). Fine. Whatever. But then he brags about it. And makes himself out to be better and smarter than the competition.

Now even if the car was great he's a guy who points at things he wants and throws money at it. A kid walking into a toy store with his weekly allowance could accomplish what he's accomplished, especially since he is a grown man spending daddy's money on full scale toy cars.

Where is the singular vision, drive and ingenuity of a Pagani, Koenigsegg, Ferruccio, Bugatti, Enzo or Porsche? He doesn't even have the good sense to not name his car something personal or american but instead names it something italian like a friggin poser. Your name is Glickenhaus so call it Glickenhaus. If I built a muscle car I sure as hell wouldn't call it the New York Muscle Car Freedom Merica M-16 Power Hot Rod Texas Yee-haa Cowboy 004. Why? Because I am not a poser! Draw inspiration from your country, your heritage or your family. Huayra (tata) = god of the winds. Zonda = andalusian wind. Regera = to reign. Testarossa = red head. Countach = Wow! Sucky names that are made beautiful or special by their meaning. Surely Jim's life can't be that bland and boring that the only meaning he can find in it is posing? How about this

Company: Glickenhaus

Car: the Cameron

Done. I fixed it. I didn't have to add Scuderia, funky numbers or abbreviations. Just took what was already there and substituted the posing for realness. The Glickenhaus Cameron is a beautiful car, a symbol of love and femininity. The french call it de Gameron, ho ho.

The SCG003 isn't. I can come up with million equally shitty names. SS345. MLE001. FFS111. All random letters and numbers I punched in on my keyboard. Here's I Don't Give A Shit 003, or IDGAS003. When cell phone makers comes up with more personal names than you do, it is time to make a change. When your name has the same personality of a cell phone's serial number, then it's DEFINITELY time to make a change.

Also the P 4/5 is ugly. There, I said it. It is and looks like a Enzo with a body kit, a tune and two tons of paint and car wax to cover up the rough spots. Like as if someone with too much money and too little sense got a hold of the Mona Lisa and decided to add nipples, a cigarette and dogs playing poker in the background with Super Mario hiding under the table to add national context. And then renaming it Pizza Lisa. And painted over the signature with pink crayons: "Jim Da Glickizione".

The SSC003?

Still a bloody Enzo! We all see it! It is an Enzo! Only this time instead of adding dogs playing poker to the Mona Lisa he tried to replicate it on a blank sheet of paper with his crayons. And yes, her jugs does look better, well done Jim, those are indeed some fat boobs and I like how she's sucking on her finger, but it is still a copy. There is no vision just a 100% posing. Do you still want to talk smack about visionary artists a million times better than you? Then you sir, are an idiot.

I can't stand the guy or his lazy ego trip. The car is like a almost three meter long semi-flaccid dick pic that he decided to send to the car community. Like "here you go fellas, I proudly present my penis. I painted a tricolore on it. Enjoy". Screw that guy. Hennessey has better credentials than he does because at least he's real and not a point-at-stuff-I-want poser. Say what you will about his Lotus or reputation, the man himself is not a kit-person.

Now that's how I really feel about him lol.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:20 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
lol, all their own opinion.

Though I have to agree the SCG does remind me alot of the Enzo, maybe Ferrari should have use this model as a template for the new hyper car and not that eye sore they have now with the most unimagnitive name ever, "LaFerrari".

But no matter how much people like yourself might hate it, almost sure of it he will sell a few cars to owners that have way to much money to know what to do with it and almost certain of it they will go to the middle east as well we all know the rich over there have no taste except to have 101 cars that will never be driven and just use them for braging rights to say I have more money than you while you can starve. There gave my 2 cents worth. :-)

Old 03-10-2015, 10:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by elhimiel
Oh you want to know how I really feel? Ok lol.

So more than half a year we've waited and he presents us with a less streetable BAC Mono or Ariel Atom (which btw are the much superior track cars). Fine. Whatever. But then he brags about it. And makes himself out to be better and smarter than the competition.

Now even if the car was great he's a guy who points at things he wants and throws money at it. A kid walking into a toy store with his weekly allowance could accomplish what he's accomplished, especially since he is a grown man spending daddy's money on full scale toy cars.

Where is the singular vision, drive and ingenuity of a Pagani, Koenigsegg, Ferruccio, Bugatti, Enzo or Porsche? He doesn't even have the good sense to not name his car something personal or american but instead names it something italian like a friggin poser. Your name is Glickenhaus so call it Glickenhaus. If I built a muscle car I sure as hell wouldn't call it the New York Muscle Car Freedom Merica M-16 Power Hot Rod Texas Yee-haa Cowboy 004. Why? Because I am not a poser! Draw inspiration from your country, your heritage or your family. Huayra (tata) = god of the winds. Zonda = andalusian wind. Regera = to reign. Testarossa = red head. Countach = Wow! Sucky names that are made beautiful or special by their meaning. Surely Jim's life can't be that bland and boring that the only meaning he can find in it is posing? How about this

Company: Glickenhaus

Car: the Cameron

Done. I fixed it. I didn't have to add Scuderia, funky numbers or abbreviations. Just took what was already there and substituted the posing for realness. The Glickenhaus Cameron is a beautiful car, a symbol of love and femininity. The french call it de Gameron, ho ho.

The SCG003 isn't. I can come up with million equally shitty names. SS345. MLE001. FFS111. All random letters and numbers I punched in on my keyboard. Here's I Don't Give A Shit 003, or IDGAS003. When cell phone makers comes up with more personal names than you do, it is time to make a change. When your name has the same personality of a cell phone's serial number, then it's DEFINITELY time to make a change.

Also the P 4/5 is ugly. There, I said it. It is and looks like a Enzo with a body kit, a tune and two tons of paint and car wax to cover up the rough spots. Like as if someone with too much money and too little sense got a hold of the Mona Lisa and decided to add nipples, a cigarette and dogs playing poker in the background with Super Mario hiding under the table to add national context. And then renaming it Pizza Lisa. And painted over the signature with pink crayons: "Jim Da Glickizione".

The SSC003?

Still a bloody Enzo! We all see it! It is an Enzo! Only this time instead of adding dogs playing poker to the Mona Lisa he tried to replicate it on a blank sheet of paper with his crayons. And yes, her jugs does look better, well done Jim, those are indeed some fat boobs and I like how she's sucking on her finger, but it is still a copy. There is no vision just a 100% posing. Do you still want to talk smack about visionary artists a million times better than you? Then you sir, are an idiot.

I can't stand the guy or his lazy ego trip. The car is like a almost three meter long semi-flaccid dick pic that he decided to send to the car community. Like "here you go fellas, I proudly present my penis. I painted a tricolore on it. Enjoy". Screw that guy. Hennessey has better credentials than he does because at least he's real and not a point-at-stuff-I-want poser. Say what you will about his Lotus or reputation, the man himself is not a kit-person.

Now that's how I really feel about him lol.

Everyone is entitled to their own options and expressions. But it seems like you have the most issue with him for only a few reasons

1) you hate the name. Big deal, it's just a name. La Ferrari is a stupid name and is still a fantastic car.
2) you think it looks like an Enzo. I agree there are some similarities, but hardly close to a bad copy.
3) you dislike that Jim didnt produce all his money himself (I don't actually know that, that's based off your comment). Jim has the means to do something all of us car guys wish we could do. He is living the dream of creating, building and racing cars. If you were the fortunate recipient of a family fortune, would you expect people to hate you for what you did with it? How silly.

Seems like most of your hating of Jim G is just alot of complaining because you don't like what he has done with his money or cars.

Old 03-10-2015, 12:27 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by dieter.manero
lol, all their own opinion.

Though I have to agree the SCG does remind me alot of the Enzo, maybe Ferrari should have use this model as a template for the new hyper car and not that eye sore they have now with the most unimagnitive name ever, "LaFerrari".

But no matter how much people like yourself might hate it, almost sure of it he will sell a few cars to owners that have way to much money to know what to do with it and almost certain of it they will go to the middle east as well we all know the rich over there have no taste except to have 101 cars that will never be driven and just use them for braging rights to say I have more money than you while you can starve. There gave my 2 cents worth. :-)
Touche.

But still, it's not street legal and even more unimaginative than the company he's copying. If you set out to improve something then don't make it worse.

And the LaFerrari is beautiful to my eyes. I'm sure it could have been made even more beautiful if they didn't have to worry about all those pesky "laws" or being able to back out of your garage without ripping the front off, but it is what it is.

Originally Posted by quickZohsix
Everyone is entitled to their own options and expressions. But it seems like you have the most issue with him for only a few reasons

1) you hate the name. Big deal, it's just a name. La Ferrari is a stupid name and is still a fantastic car.
2) you think it looks like an Enzo. I agree there are some similarities, but hardly close to a bad copy.
3) you dislike that Jim didnt produce all his money himself (I don't actually know that, that's based off your comment). Jim has the means to do something all of us car guys wish we could do. He is living the dream of creating, building and racing cars. If you were the fortunate recipient of a family fortune, would you expect people to hate you for what you did with it? How silly.

Seems like most of your hating of Jim G is just alot of complaining because you don't like what he has done with his money or cars.
No I already told you why I don't like him.

1) The car isn't street legal or practical even with supercar standards. He acts like it is and that the much harder working and artistic competition all just add weight and complexity for the sake of doing it when in fact it is just the reality of the homologation process. What he's saying is as dumb as if one of his race competitors would create a 800 kg car, never race with it, and call Jim's 1300 kg race homologated car heavy and complex and question his integrity. It's dishonest.

2) There are better and cheaper track day options out there. He pretends like there isn't. If this thing is never going to run on the streets then what's stopping you from buying a BAC Mono? And if it's not good for the streets, and not great for the tracks, then what is it? A garage queen is what it is. Even worse than what he's accusing the competition of doing. And again, highly dishonest.

3) It is not his vision or an original design. He takes pride in copying the Enzo but doesn't even have the decency to give them their dues. Instead he prides himself in doing it better than Ferrari. Not only is that dishonest, but stupid as well.

4) Plus all the other posing stuff. "Scuderia" Cameron Glickenhouse. "Stradale". "Competzione". He's fake italian buts act like a brash american loud mouth. He's the car worlds version of a wigger. It's incredibly off-putting.

5) He never had to work for it. His contemporaries Pagani and Koenigsegg took incredibly risks and put in a incredible amount of work to get to where they are. They have earned their respect from more than 20 years of struggle. Elon Musk quit university at 24 and put in 19 years of work to make himself a billionaire and start up Tesla. And in comes this guy who throws daddy's money at a race car and tells us that they are doing it wrong. Some humility would be in order. At least get it street homologated before you start running your mouth. Or try to create an original design. Or add something new to the industry, some innovations. You have not earned the respect as a car maker, you are a race car funder who got drafted by Pininfarina to be the wallet, and you bring nothing new.

You can give him a pass for all of those things, but you can't tell me I'm wrong. What he should have done is approach the situation with a lot more humility and tried to bring some personal creativity to the table. Though I'm guessing the latter is too much to ask from a guy who's only artistic merit is to write and direct the timeless classic The Exterminator.

Old 03-10-2015, 06:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Given how much you hate the guy or his car, you have to admit then that the engineering that went in to the car regardless of that it looks like a Enzo is alot better than alot of these other wanna be supercar makers that never make it past the prototype version and also the SCG003 will complete in the N24. If his car can make it to the end then that something to admire.

Old 03-11-2015, 05:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG 03 - Interview

In an extensive interview, James Glickenhaus talks about his latest creation. Perspectives, aerodynamics, engine, regulations, etc., are some issues, among others, discussed here.

Old 03-11-2015, 05:44 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by dieter.manero
Given how much you hate the guy or his car, you have to admit then that the engineering that went in to the car regardless of that it looks like a Enzo is alot better than alot of these other wanna be supercar makers that never make it past the prototype version and also the SCG003 will complete in the N24. If his car can make it to the end then that something to admire.
Yea in the narrow field of a race car it's cool. If his ego trip had stopped with "I'm gonna copy the Enzo and race it" then that's also cool.

But when he says it's a road car and pretends that he's mastered the trackable road car formula better than the other clueless makers then it's NOT cool. He says they wont change the tyres or the suspension from the race car so it wont pass a speed bump and will have a crashing ride. It would get obliterated by a SUV or a trailer so will fail a bunch of impact tests. It looks like it was made to kill pedestrians so will probably fail those as well. Cameras instead of functional side mirrors is a definite no go. The kit-car loophole they're using in some parts of the US means it doesn't even have to pass proper emissions test. It sure as hell doesn't have a smart airbag or any airbag for that matter. Does it even have ABS & ESC? And if it eventually will have, will it still weigh "about 1100 kg"? I doubt it.

It's easy to criticize and brag when you're not playing by the same rules. If he road homologated the thing then it wouldn't even physically be the same car and it's these constraints his competition has to work with. And why would he or his car be exempt from critique when he's so dishonestly criticizing the competition? He's a snake oil salesman selling smoke and mirrors, so what is there to admire? His work? He's a trust fund baby throwing money at full scale toy cars. His vision? He is copying the Enzo. His personality? He's a poser.

There is nothing admirable about what he's doing and it's not something anyone else on the forums couldn't have done given his means and affinity for dishonesty. I mean if Ferrari released a picture of this

and told you it was the best road car in the world, fully road legal and made them better than "crappy McLaren" or "sucky Pagani" who are into "weighty stuff" you wouldn't applaud them and call them admirable or celebrate it as a game changer. You would call them two-faced liars with a loose definition of the truth. The SCG003 isn't any different. You can't display a 488 GTB and tell everyone it's the fastest tank in the world and that you are going to sell it for combat operations. Or launch a Humvee as a bullet proof, ultra-powerful golf cart (on second thought, that would be awesome lol). It doesn't work like that. So there is nothing to respect about the "road" car or the loud mouth trust fund wallet that funded it.

Old 03-11-2015, 05:59 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Jim has been kind enough to supply us with an actual collection of his dick pics now.

Inside SCG003 | www.waft.be

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SCG 003......thoughts?