Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Starting own Business with Supercars - Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 04:12 AM
Teamspeed Member
Justin T. is just really niceJustin T. is just really niceJustin T. is just really niceJustin T. is just really niceJustin T. is just really niceJustin T. is just really niceJustin T. is just really niceJustin T. is just really niceJustin T. is just really niceJustin T. is just really niceJustin T. is just really nice
Starting own Business with Supercars - Need Advice

Hey guys!
I started this threat because I need some advice. Every since I can remember my biggest dream was to work with exotic and luxury cars. It’s my passion and I feel like that’s what I live for. I made a professional training as a mechanic at Mercedes-Benz here in Germany and I still work for a Mercedes dealer. I also traveled a lot for my passion. I went to London, Qatar, Dubai or Italy to spot supercars or to meet up with their drivers and owners. But I am not satisfied with my current job at all. So that’s why I decided to finally start my own business next year. I want to sell and trade exotic supercars! To make it a bit more clear, I don’t want to actually buy the cars, I basically want to sell them on commission. So the whole Idea is to offer the customers an appealing and attractive showroom and a good service of course. A place that has the kind of atmosphere you want your supercar to be at. But as you can imagine I am a bit concerned about certain things, since its going to be a huge financial risk for me as well. So that’s why I want to plan everything and every step just perfectly fine. I don’t want to open a business like this totally clueless or blind.I hope some of you can give me some useful tips and advises, things that are important and things to avoid. I know there are quite some exotic car dealers on this forum, and I think learning from the professionals is the best way to go. Here are some of the things I would like to know, or lets say I would like to hear your tips about:
-How much money am I going to need to start a business like this?
-How and where do I actually get these kind of cars from?
-How do I get good and international contacts?
-How much commission or percentage is usual in this business for each car?
-How am I going to stand out from other companies?
-What are all the services expected from a good luxury car dealer?

If you have any other ideas, and tips please post anything ! Also if you have any more questions feel free to ask!

I know I posted this threat in another section as well but I feel like this forum is a better place for my questions. Thanks guys!