Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

My Pagani Huayra: from Build to Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 05:09 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
AArdent is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Kris, just penned down an article for our blog as an ode to the La Monza Lisa! Will be grateful if you gave it a read.
And congrats again. Would love to see her with the black Zonda rims!

Link to the blog:
http://automobiliardent.blogspot.in/...-lisa.html?m=1

Regards,
AArdent.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:49 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ZondaUFO
Yes! Koenigsegg emailed me earlier today with some good news... We should all be very excited to see what's coming in 2015! I wish them great success! Like Pagani, they are a small privately owned company that is (IMO) teaching the big boys how it's done! I hear tell we should see a fully street legal Koenigsegg in the USA in 2015.
Yes, you'll recall I said this two months ago. But what do I know.

Originally Posted by mattjs33
There is going to be a U.S.-spec One:1 built, and by the time it arrives next year, Koenigseggs will be fully U.S. legal again, including compliant advanced airbags.

Old 08-24-2014, 11:03 AM
Teamspeed Member
ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Yes, you'll recall I said this two months ago. But what do I know.
The One:1 will not be street legal in the USA.

Regardless, my point still stands - until they have a fully street legal car they don't exist in America. I like their cars and I wish them great success but they are not here yet. It took Pagani an extra 18 months than they expected to get full homologation. Hopefully for Koenigsegg and other small manufacturers they have paved the way and made the process easier for them.

Until Koenigsegg has a legal car it's all just talk. I am rooting for them but I am not interested in discussing a fantasy until it becomes reality.

Last edited by ZondaUFO; 08-24-2014 at 11:10 AM.
Old 08-24-2014, 11:03 AM
Teamspeed Member
ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaUFO You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by AArdent
Hey Kris, just penned down an article for our blog as an ode to the La Monza Lisa! Will be grateful if you gave it a read.
And congrats again. Would love to see her with the black Zonda rims!

Link to the blog:
Automobili Ardent - "Petrolhead Lifestyle": Pagani Huayra - La Monza Lisa

Regards,
AArdent.

Thank you very much!! I appreciate your kind words!

Old 08-24-2014, 11:10 AM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by gazserm
Forgot to mention that I am also following the One:1 thread as well of course, but I just can't get enough of these cars, and I'm pretty sure most of you can relate to it!
I am very excited about that thread too!!! I love the One:1! Immediately after Geneva I phoned Koenigsegg to congratulate them on this epic car! I can't wait to see how their spec comes along. It's going to be stunning!!!

Old 08-24-2014, 11:35 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
The One:1 will not be street legal in the USA.
I guess we'll see, won't we?

Regardless, my point still stands - until they have a fully street legal car they don't exist in America. I like their cars and I wish them great success but they are not here yet. It took Pagani an extra 18 months than they expected to get full homologation. Hopefully for Koenigsegg and other small manufacturers they have paved the way and made the process easier for them.
No Kris, the point is that you're presenting information as if it is your own scoop, when it's at minimum two months old on this thread alone, and about a month older elsewhere. You weren't required to believe me when I said so before, but once you learned I was right, the proper thing would have been a couple words of acknowledgement. If I posted one of my own photos and then later you claimed it as your own, I would have a complaint, no?

It's my opinion that the next cars here will be relatively easy to certify, as they've done so previously with the MY2013 car. The One:1 is Agera-based so as long as the emissions pass muster it shouldn't be a large problem either. It took Pagani so long because they were starting from scratch.

Until Koenigsegg has a legal car it's all just talk. I am rooting for them but I am not interested in discussing a fantasy until it becomes reality.
By your own account, you ordered your Huayra a year before it arrived, at a time when Paganis weren't yet legal here. Fantasy/reality, what's the difference?

Old 08-24-2014, 12:05 PM
Teamspeed Member
I guess we'll see, won't we?

No Kris, the point is that you're presenting information as if it is your own scoop, when it's at minimum two months old on this thread alone, and about a month older elsewhere. You weren't required to believe me when I said so before, but once you learned I was right, the proper thing would have been a couple words of acknowledgement. If I posted one of my own photos and then later you claimed it as your own, I would have a complaint, no?

It's my opinion that the next cars here will be relatively easy to certify, as they've done so previously with the MY2013 car. The One:1 is Agera-based so as long as the emissions pass muster it shouldn't be a large problem either. It took Pagani so long because they were starting from scratch.

By your own account, you ordered your Huayra a year before it arrived, at a time when Paganis weren't yet legal here. Fantasy/reality, what's the difference?
I am presenting information as it was told directly to me by Koenigsegg therefore it is my "scoop." I did not say that I was the first to know. I just shared the information as I got it - you must be better connected with Koenigsegg than I am.

I had information re: Pagani that made it clear that they would receive homologation. I am not going to discuss the details of my contract for the car but I will say that we considered all possible scenarios. Also, no one knew I ordered a Pagani till after it was street legal. I did not discuss it.

Congrats on breaking the news on one of the goals that Koenigsegg has for 2015! They told me directly late last year that the plan was to bring Agera's in via Show and Display. They've since changed the plan for the better. Naturally, I took what they told me directly as the most accurate information at the time.

I appreciate your opinion on their ability to pass US DOT regulations - since I do not keep up with all requirements and the status of their application(s), I don't have an opinion on the matter. Please let us know when they pass homologation and their cars are fully legal in the USA. That is the information that actually matters here. There will be a period of time after they pass before they receive the certification - hopefully you can break the good news in the interim!

I applaud you for finding out their plans to become street legal in America before I did. I wish them and you all the best! Please let us know when they are successful.

Last edited by ZondaUFO; 08-24-2014 at 12:20 PM.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:48 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
elhimiel has a little shameless behaviour in the past
It took Pagani an extra 18 months than they expected to get full homologation. Hopefully for Koenigsegg and other small manufacturers they have paved the way and made the process easier for them.

Until Koenigsegg has a legal car it's all just talk.
I am rooting for them but I am not interested in discussing a fantasy until it becomes reality.
Ehhhrm.

https://teamspeed.com/forums/superca...ani-again.html

Old 08-24-2014, 02:40 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by elhimiel
What is your point? Pagani is fully street legal with the latest regulations.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:29 AM
Teamspeed Member
I just did a photo shoot on Monday with Mike Shaffer ( @CapitolSunset ). I should have some higher quality pics in a few days.

Quick Reply: My Pagani Huayra: from Build to Delivery