Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Danish Zenvo ST1 for Top Gear Season 21 Episode 3

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 01:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Danish Zenvo ST1 for Top Gear Season 21 Episode 3

Name:  Jeremy_znevo.jpg
Views: 14172
Size:  326.9 KB

Danish Zenvo ST1 for Top Gear Season 21 Episode 3
Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond return to Dunsfold for the third episode of the twenty first season. This episode looks set to be another classic with an interesting road trip, an insane hypercar and an interesting Star in a Reasonably Priced Car!

Following on from the excitement of last weekend’s McLaren P1 review, Jeremy Clarkson trades up to the Danish Zenvo ST1 for Top Gear Season 21 Episode 3. From the pictures, this particular Zenvo ST1 looks to be finished in an exciting shade of orange. Zenvo recently announced that the ST1 was production ready. It comes fitted with a 6.8 litre V8 engine, putting down 1,104 bhp and 1,430 Nm of torque to the rear wheels.

Source [Top Gear]

Video when available.

Photo Credit: Bonnny Photography

Old 02-16-2014, 07:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond repute
Top Gear Season 21 Episode 3

http://www.streetfire.net/video/top-gear-season-21-episode-3-21x03_part-1_2451459.htm

Old 02-16-2014, 09:28 PM
Teamspeed Member
FerrariWF is an unknown quantity at this point
The review of this car was absolutely brutal. Outdated technology and questionable quality led to a terrible lap time and tons of malfunctions. I can't see how anyone would pick up this car over the others in the price bracket.

Old 02-17-2014, 01:09 AM
Teamspeed Member
Monako will become famous soon enoughMonako will become famous soon enoughMonako will become famous soon enoughMonako will become famous soon enoughMonako will become famous soon enoughMonako will become famous soon enoughMonako will become famous soon enough
This company pretty much committed suicide,its probably on life support as we speak.

Old 02-17-2014, 10:02 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I like the design but...the car was so unreliable.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Darksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura about
What else would you expect from a country that has accepted mediocrity for so long? It's a culture that's been molded by the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Jante. I know these guys mean well but I hope to god no other Dane tries to build another supercar.

Last edited by Darksider; 02-17-2014 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
I agree they should have done everything in their power to stop this review from airing on television I dont think a single person on earth will buy this car now

As far as the episode.. I felt it was entertaining but again in modern day top gear fashion, leaving much to be desired. I really haven't been too impressed by a top gear episode in quite some time, maybe my expectations are too high? I felt it's lost the appeal that won me over in it's original series.. I will continue to watch and I don't mean to be too critical it's still hands down one of my favorite shows but I believe it still needs to be critiqued

Last edited by joshg120; 02-17-2014 at 08:51 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
Zenvo is Danish for SSC?

Old 02-20-2014, 01:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Post Zenvo Automotive responds to criticism of Top Gear

In a statement on their official website, Zenvo Automotive tells the truth behind the scenes of Top Gear review of the Zenvo ST1.

‘The Stigs supercar’ at the Top Gear show.

After being named ‘The Stig’s supercar’ and credited for staggering performance in Top Gear Magazine in 2010, the car faced problems in its appearance at the Top Gear TV show. The car however, also achieved good results during the tests.

In the first visit, the clutch of the car burned out after an hour of extreme drifting by Top Gear drivers. In the second visit, a faulty intercooler fan caught fire after more than one hour of intensive high speed testing and 50 liters of fuel consumed. The source of the fire, has been traced back to a defect in the fan delivered by an acknowledged automotive supplier. After this incident, Zenvo Automotive is conducting thorough testing of all fans before mounting them in the cars.

Two unofficial tests were conducted by Top Gear during filming.

First, limited by the length of the straight line section of the track, the car reached 304 km/h (189 mph). This was the highest speed measured on the Top Gear test track in recent times.

Second, Top Gear clocked the 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) acceleration time at 2.69 seconds on a damp tarmac.

These results did not air on the show.

Instead Top Gear presented a lap time with the Stig conducted on a day when driving was not recommended in many parts of Britain due to low temperature and extreme rain. The weather conditions and the amount of water on the track severely reduced the traction on the car’s 345/30 ZR20 rear tires resulting in a lap time that does not reflect the true potential of the car in dry conditions.

Zenvo Automotive is looking forward to making a more realistic lap time in dry weather conditions.

The Zenvo ST1 has a listed price of 660.000£, not 800.000£ as was stated in the show.

Source [Zenvo Automotive]

Old 02-20-2014, 07:04 PM
Teamspeed Member
Monako will become famous soon enoughMonako will become famous soon enoughMonako will become famous soon enoughMonako will become famous soon enoughMonako will become famous soon enoughMonako will become famous soon enoughMonako will become famous soon enough
Too late for damages control, Steel chassis, standard suspension, are you kidding me ,drop the price to 180,000 € and they might have something to talk about.