Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Koenigsegg mows down crowd

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 01:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
Not as dramatic as the previous video posted but here another view.

Koenigsegg CCR Crashes into Crowd at Gran Turismo Polonia 2013 [18+] - YouTube

Last edited by dieter.manero; 07-01-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:56 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SpeedEvo
All they see is a rich guy who seriously injured them with his toy.
Isn't that exactly all it was?

Old 07-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SpeedEvo
I bet he's going to get sued by all of those people.
The sue-happy culture we have in the states does not work in most other countries.

Last edited by Ced; 07-01-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Like Ced said, the sue-culture doesnt exist at all in certain countries.

The driver will pay the charges and maybe bribe the authorities.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dieter.manero
Not as dramatic as the previous video posted but here another view.

Koenigsegg CCR Crashes into Crowd at Gran Turismo Polonia 2013 [18+] - YouTube
Another thing that sucks about this video is the camera-man, taking pics of the injured bodies instead of putting down his camera to be a human, and help.

Old 07-01-2013, 08:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
St_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished road
Some reports say that the driver turned off TC to entertain the crowd. Well, BIG MISTAKE to do that thing in a Koenigsegg....

Old 07-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by St_Ex
Some reports say that the driver turned off TC to entertain the crowd. Well, BIG MISTAKE to do that thing in a Koenigsegg....
I can believe that, clearly you hear that by the high revs. Sounds almost like he was shifting though the gears really fast to get the traction.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:12 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
agentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond repute
I was down there when it happened, participating in the race in a FF.
The driver was a fellow Norwegian and we drove together with him down to Poland, picking up his 'Egg at the factory in Sweden on the way down.

He told us he had owned the car for a year and that he had driven it plenty, both on road and track. As far as I could see on the road it clearly looked like he handled the car well.

On Sunday on the closed road me and my buddy drove the FF as the first car down the straight where the crash happened. We could clearly see that people were standing very close and that the road was quite narrow. Therefore we didn't try anyhing crazy, we drove in Sport Mode with TC on.

At this time we don't know if he had any aids turned on in the car, but even with those activated that car is really a handful.
All in all it could have happened at a way worse time in the race. Where he drove off was one of the least packed places and it was so early after the turn, there was not that much room to pick up speed. Further down the route there were many many more spectators and lots of the cars reached 250kmh there.

Hopefully the people injured will fully recover and the latest information I've heard confirms this. Really hope the investigation gets to the bottom of what happened.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
St_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dieter.manero
I can believe that, clearly you hear that by the high revs. Sounds almost like he was shifting though the gears really fast to get the traction.
dieter in another forum and on youtube in a video from all the others that circulate around the web, the uploader's comment who was there says that the car was running with TC off...

Last edited by St_Ex; 07-02-2013 at 07:26 AM.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:24 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
TwelveGage is an unknown quantity at this point
I still don't understand how he lost control, I kept watching around :33 on the second video trying to catch it.. (without sound I'm in class.. lol) the only thing I can guess is that it looks like maybe he chirped on a shift and lost it? Again I don't have sound but he's driving straight to me it doesn't make sense. It's been a whole year has any information popped up since?

Quick Reply: Koenigsegg mows down crowd