Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Spoiler Alert : McLaren P1 Top Gear Lap Time

Old 03-10-2013, 11:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Spoiler Alert : McLaren P1 Top Gear Lap Time

Ron Dennis on the McLaren P1

The Ferrari v McLaren rivalry is so entrenched it's quite possibly depicted in a cave painting in some ancient land. So the newly unveiled presence of the Ferrari LaFerrari - or whatever we're meant to call it - at Geneva earlier this week under the same vast hangar roof as the production-ready McLaren P1 had long-term observers of the two old foes dribbling in anticipation.

As it happens, TopGear.com had been offered an audience with McLaren boss Ron Dennis, and duly made its way to the stand in time to watch him present his intriguingly styled new car to the media hordes in an occasionally stilted three-way with 2013 McLaren F1 driver Sergio Perez and the BBC's pit-lane lady Lee Mackenzie. There were some useful updates, though. McLaren will be making 375 P1s, at £866,000 a pop, with around 45 destined for the Middle East. Ron was very pointedly talking up the car's investment potential, which explains why there was an F1 LM on the stand (current market value: up to £3m). And he went on to reveal that he himself had beaten the fastest Top Gear power lap (a 1.13.8 by the Pagani Huayra) around Dunsfold in the P1 by a walloping 10 seconds (see below), which surely puts it on a par with the speed of light. Finally, he claimed that nobody else would be able to get near the P1's performance.

Ron Dennis on the McLaren P1 - BBC Top Gear

Old 03-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Teamspeed Member
ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
On street legal tyres? Slicks or not, that is stupidly quick

Old 03-10-2013, 11:48 AM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
I call BS on this..

Due to the facts written in the P1 thread..

No way it does a 1.03.8 in the hands of Ron..

thats as fast as the Lotus T125 F1 car for customers..

If this happens to be true ile eat my hat!

PS
even with slicks i call bs on it..
5 seconds faster than the Zonda R? no no.. impossibile

And i wonder what good it does Mclaren when he claims such a thing, when every other fool will expect something like this..
Even an amazing time will be seen as a let down!

Last edited by La Artist; 03-10-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I'm not skeptical. After all, this car does sort of need to exceed a certain particular car, which was certainly particularly excessively... good. And since this hasn't got the top speed, or the plain mechanical driver's involvement, whatever its got left...

Old 03-10-2013, 07:40 PM
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
^if you are not skeptical be prepared to be disappointed.

Old 03-10-2013, 08:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
quattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond repute
*** Sensationalist headline alert! ***

If you watch/listen/read the full presentation you will notice Ron claims the record time in terms of the "Star in a reasonably priced car" record, he then humbly admits that he is not a star.

Old 03-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Teamspeed Member
Will_CA is on a distinguished roadWill_CA is on a distinguished road
I still don't believe the P1 can pull 2g laterally. I don't care what type of aero it has, that speed isn't possible on t

Old 03-10-2013, 08:52 PM
Teamspeed Member
Will_CA is on a distinguished roadWill_CA is on a distinguished road
oops.

What I was saying was that speed isn't possible on today's normal street tires. Unless they did that on soft racing slicks I don't believe it.

Old 03-10-2013, 08:55 PM
Mclaren has been known to exaggerate before.

Something that is not very talked about on TS..
Fingers are pointed at the italians instead ( read ferrar,Pagani)

all manufacturers exaggerate.. but this doesn't even seem serious from Ron's side.

Last edited by La Artist; 03-10-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond repute
I agree, the same happened with the Mc-mp4 in its time.
I think Ron wants to divert some attention to him, as he has lost certain protagonism against the laFerrari. This is natural, since the P1 was introduced months ago.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Spoiler Alert : McLaren P1 Top Gear Lap Time