Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

SSC Announces Production of Ultimate Aero XT Chassis #5

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 05:21 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ecnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura about

SSC North America, the American supercar manufacturer and creator of the Guinness World Record breaking Ultimate Aero, recently offered a "Limited Edition" five car production run of the Ultimate Aero to enthusiasts worldwide. This ultra-extreme and final edition showcases some key assemblies that will be featured in the upcoming Tuatara, which is scheduled to deliver to first customers in 2013.

"We are excited that the last Ultimate Aero to be produced, chassis #5, is now committed," says Jerod Shelby, Founder, Lead Designer and CEO of SSC. "This is the last of the Ultimate Aero legacy and the customer is extremely excited to be the owner of the last one ever built. I have to admit that I am a little sad to know this is the last Ultimate Aero to roll off the line, but that feeling is overshadowed by the excitement I have for the upcoming release of the Tuatara - the future of the company."

During the manufacturing of the final Ultimate Aero XT, SSC will be posting exclusive pictures on their website and on Facebook, so supercar enthusiasts can experience the assembly process of this incredible car.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:05 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
That is a picture from Forza Motorsport 4...

Old 12-07-2012, 07:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
theprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond repute
Hi,

That may be true, but they clearly state it isn't built yet.

Cheers,
Nik

Old 12-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
So just a few days ago there was discussion here as to whether SSC was even still in business, and suddenly this release that Aero XT #5 is being built? Why didn't we hear anything about the previous four? This company has an odd way in their PR.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:36 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Sunkizz is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah,i remembered starting a tread about it..well good to know they r still around,but im still looking forward for the tuatara

Old 12-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Teamspeed Member
alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by mattjs33
So just a few days ago there was discussion here as to whether SSC was even still in business, and suddenly this release that Aero XT #5 is being built? Why didn't we hear anything about the previous four? This company has an odd way in their PR.
I agree, every time there is a thread questioning their continued existence, we suddenly get an anouncement. Last time back a few months ago a similar thread, was responded to with the XT announcement. This time they say they are building the 5th XT. Its almost like they are monitoring Team speed?!

Though i find it hard to believe thay have sold and built the other 4 in a few months, After all they only sold around 18 or so cars in the last 10 years!! I wonder if in reality they have sold just the one XT?

Still lets hope its all true, Good luck to them I say.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:00 PM
sox
Teamspeed Junior Member
sox is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by alan w
I agree, every time there is a thread questioning their continued existence, we suddenly get an anouncement. Last time back a few months ago a similar thread, was responded to with the XT announcement. This time they say they are building the 5th XT. Its almost like they are monitoring Team speed?!

Though i find it hard to believe thay have sold and built the other 4 in a few months, After all they only sold around 18 or so cars in the last 10 years!! I wonder if in reality they have sold just the one XT?

Still lets hope its all true, Good luck to them I say.
To be frank, there's been several long radio silences since SSC started up PR for the Aero in 2004. I can't count the number of times I've thought they had gone under. The fact is, with the exception of the last couple of months they employed Junus Khan (sp?) their PR has been pretty terribly orchestrated. I've been pulling for SSC since day 1, but the fact is they simply do not have any clue on how to build or keep rapport with their fan base.

The other possibility is that they are almost always on the brink of financial oblivion and Jarrod Shelby is simply one stubborn bastard who refuses to go under and finds some more money, in which case I commend him.

Either way, I'd be very happy to see the Tuatara on the road, and very sad if it never makes it to production.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:46 AM
Teamspeed Member
ice350 is an unknown quantity at this point
Personally, I like the Aero better than the Tuatara and would love to see variants of the original car from SSC.

Old 04-19-2013, 03:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ecnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura aboutEcnelis has a spectacular aura about
Whether you're powering into the 154 corners of Nurburgring or braking at 275 mph, you need a set of these! - https://twitter.com/SSC_Supercars

Old 04-20-2013, 12:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
St_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 911Boy
That is a picture from Forza Motorsport 4...
!!
Originally Posted by Ecnelis
Whether you're powering into the 154 corners of Nurburgring or braking at 275 mph, you need a set of these! - https://twitter.com/SSC_Supercars

Nice set.!

Quick Reply: SSC Announces Production of Ultimate Aero XT Chassis #5