Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

The Final Days of Mosler

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 01:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Amzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond repute
Sad days...

But, I'm remembering the old times:

Name:  r153.jpg
Views: 1146
Size:  217.7 KB

Name:  4075461459_c27aa7083a_o.jpg
Views: 1147
Size:  226.6 KB

Name:  mosler-raptor-photo-246792-s-1280x782.jpg
Views: 1538
Size:  193.7 KB

Old 11-17-2012, 06:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond repute
Because of this sad news I have learned more about the history of this brand, I had no idea it was so successful. The Mosler were unbeatable in competitions and because of the dominating performances were banned. I wish Mosler, have the same fate as Gumpert.

George Lucas receives first Mosler MT900s "2006"
"I was drawn to its looks, its power, its use of high-tech materials, and, of course, its speed," said Lucas.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:26 PM
Teamspeed Member
Will_CA is on a distinguished roadWill_CA is on a distinguished road
I've seen Mr. Lucas' car multiple times in person, I went to high school with his son and am neighbors with him. I think I might visit soon and see if I can get some photos or maybe take a little ride, I'd love to know what a Mosler was like before they disappear.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
RFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant future
sad news

I was lucky enough to see this car in person

Old 11-18-2012, 02:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
There's a 2009 listed for sale by CNC Motors in Ontario, California: 2009 Used Mosler MT900S MT900S at CNC Motors Inc. Serving Ontario, CA, IID 9110199

Will, it'd be great if you could share some photos of Mr. Lucas' car!

The car I sat in was an '09, (#030) very similar to the one Jay Leno drove in his video. May have been the same car, but the wheels are different. Very basic interior with lots of bare carbon, but I liked it.

There was a 2004 model (#004) at a track day I attended last year at Road America, I think it was on Utah plates. It had been graced with some serious engine mods and was quite prepped down for track duty. I have a photo of that one too but took it with a very old cell phone with a dusty lens, so unless you knew what you were looking at its not really a worthy shot.

Attached Images    
Old 11-19-2012, 12:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
subgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond repute
Group buy, anyone?

Old 12-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond repute
Mosler RaptorGTR Suicide1212

Mosler RaptorGTR Suicide1212 comes with 1212 horsepower!
The RaptorGTR is back again, but this time it is coming with more bang for buck value. Featuring a blistering 0-60 mph time of just 2.2 seconds and an impressive 1,212 horsepower; American company Supercar Engineering, Inc. is here to set the record straight. The RaptorGTR is faster than the Bugatti Veyron, and costs a fraction of the price.

What is it that makes this new release, "Suicide1212" so much faster? Bigger turbos, an upgraded appearance package, plus more. A fully retuned engine allows the RaptorGTR more bite and bark than ever before. This is what living in America is all about; freedom.

Take a look at the following press release for a unique story about how the RaptorGTR is an extremely fast, collectible vehicle. This could very well be the most collectible vehicle in automotive history. There's only one, and it is also the the last of the great American supercar company "Mosler Automotive".

Source: Mosler RaptorGTR Suicide1212 comes with 1212 horsepower! - National automotive news | Examiner.com

Mosler MT900S

Last edited by Tango; 12-11-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
I still cant believe how these guys are gonna end! They have such a great piece of enginering!! Hope someone with vision buys it i think a perfect new owner would be Jonh Henessey hope he reads this post and posts an reply!!

Last edited by exRockstar; 12-11-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
A.K.A Area51

Old 12-11-2012, 08:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Sad,there are 2 MT900R's that race in the Australian GT series hopefully the team that races them don't change cars.

Quick Reply: The Final Days of Mosler