Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

The 25 greatest cars of all time by Playboy

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 01:19 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Has anyone read the article?

This thread says 25 best but I see something that says influential.

I wonder if the 3oo all of us are talking about has some sound reason for being influential.
Same with the 458.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:38 AM
Teamspeed Member
andy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Mini George
Chrysler 300?? WTF?!?
My first thought, apart from that miss print its not a bad list.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Amzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by slord
Pretty good list. 300 obviously doesn't belong. Interesting that the 458 is on it, top 25 seems high. Also, the 911 should have had multiple versions rather than just '911'
I guess that the name "911" includes all the 911. The same thing happens with the Corvette, the Camaro or the Shelby Mustang.

When I saw the 300 I said "WTF?". The one you can see on the picture is a SRT8, but still being a "seriously uncool" car.

Last edited by Amzamus; 05-02-2012 at 05:10 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Dutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond repute
FFS.

Old 05-02-2012, 10:43 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
joeywx will become famous soon enoughjoeywx will become famous soon enoughjoeywx will become famous soon enoughjoeywx will become famous soon enoughjoeywx will become famous soon enoughjoeywx will become famous soon enoughjoeywx will become famous soon enoughjoeywx will become famous soon enough
pshh...this was shaping up to be a good list until I saw the 300

Then the entire list was invalidated. Garbage. Besides who the hell still reads Playboys?

Old 05-02-2012, 11:32 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Agreed, get rid of the 300 and the list is complete.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Kenyan
M-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond repute
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the 300 wtf....and I see no love for the Porsche 959 that started the supercar wars...

Attached Images  
Old 05-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by M-Individual
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the 300 wtf....and I see no love for the Porsche 959 that started the supercar wars...
The Porsche 911 is on that list. The 959 is a 911 variant.

Again

I don't believe you guys fully understand the article until you read it.

Can someone find a copy of the article?

It says INFLUENTIAL cars. There has to be a reason for the 300 and all of the other cars on this list.

I'd bet if you guys would stop assuming this is the 25 best cars of all time and read the article the authors might have something to say to explain their choices.

On my Ipad I can't read any of the car descriptions and Why they are on the list.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:24 PM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
I wonder if the 3oo all of us are talking about has some sound reason for being influential.
Same with the 458.
Maybe the person who put the article together accidently used that picture instead of a picture of a Bentley.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
At least they had their head on straight when they put the Miata on the list.

Quick Reply: The 25 greatest cars of all time by Playboy