Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

XJR-15 Restoration

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 06:05 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
F16 TomCat is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally I thought my car came from France, however, recently I had the Japanese log book translated and it seems that it was first registered in Japan in 1996. The car was built in 1994, so it looks as though the car went straight to Japan.

Old 05-25-2015, 04:49 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
lotterywinnerwa is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry if i rubbed you the wrong way tomcat in private message to be honest was hoping to build dialogue with you so if your LM became for sale IF EVER i could be a buyer possibly, but if you value the LM 15 at 1 MILLION USD to 1.5 MILLION USD------ to rich for my blood hehe good luck with your build, for a failed supercar attempt to promote its brand by jaguar i love the 15 more than any supercar and you are one lucky western as the japanese will never let the other LMs go your LM should be getting more exposure, you have a treasure (not sure its worth 1.5 MILLION USD but hey)

Old 05-25-2015, 07:35 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
heres a strange kind of biased article ----------------------------- The XJR-15 and XJ220: When Jaguar Tried to Be Cool and Failed - The Truth About Cars ------------------------------ btw tomcat if you do indeed have a Proto type LM 15 it very well be worth 1 Million USD -------------------- heres a excerpt from 2006-------------- ''Stunning Jaguar XJR-15 LM (2006) For sale from Modern and Historic, in Henley, United Kingdom POA View full Favourite Report DESCRIPTION I am Very proud to offer for sale this stunning Jaguar XJR-15, this stunning car is a very rare car and the only factory LM bodied car out side Japan, for more info please contact me. selling for US $960,165''---------------------------

Old 05-25-2015, 07:49 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
final note for the LM 15 for sake of completeness according to a japanese page translated by google a LM should have some if not all of the following ----------------------------- "The difference between the race and street version is minimum, but the LM version features an extended front airdam, air inlet on the roof, and repositioned rear wing.* The 7.4 litter engine of the LM, which appears to be the same except the inlet, is supposed to produce 760hp! compared to 450 hp of the 6.0 litter V12, available in the standard* model.'' ------------------------------ Tomcat if you have the prototype LM, with a 7.0 ( THE displacement the race 9's used) You may have the car they based the LM's off of with a 7.0 that '''''' could ''''' have been used in competition.///////// Rare unicorn my friend your a lucky man.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:23 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
This is a picture of my LM in Japan. If anyone knows of the article that accompanied it I would be grateful for the

info or direction to the link.

Old 05-30-2015, 02:39 PM
Teamspeed Member
F1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enough
I've tried sourcing it for so long and can't find it. I believe there may also be a video but it's not on Youtube or anywhere on the CarSensor site.

That's the proving grounds that Best Motoring used to use back in the day so it would be amazing if there was some performance testing but until we see an article or something I guess we'll never know.

Old 06-01-2015, 12:23 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Thanks F1GTRUeno. BTW - I found your research on the 15 on the other forum very interesting and informative.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:51 PM
Teamspeed Member
F1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by F16 TomCat
Thanks F1GTRUeno. BTW - I found your research on the 15 on the other forum very interesting and informative.
Cheers, I'm just an interested fan of the cars so anything I can share I try. If it helps out the owners then it's the least I can do for you guys sharing your experiences

Old 06-23-2015, 06:28 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
scoobydo is an unknown quantity at this point
Zytek/lucas ecu

Hi guys new member here stumbled across this site in relation to Zytek/lucas ecu's of this era. I have a bmw with a Zytek ecu and have the software for mapping the ecu's. can any of you owners take a picture of your ecu's.

thanks

Old 07-07-2015, 06:27 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
scoobydo is an unknown quantity at this point
have a bump

Quick Reply: XJR-15 Restoration