Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Hennessey Venom GT Featured again on Jay Leno's Garage!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Teamspeed Member
Monaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura about
The car looks great, but the car is grossly overpriced. I know it's shunned to have a negative opinion in this site, unless it is the popular one, but the only positive thing I have to say is that I love the concept of what the car should have been.

Not having ABS or Traction control for the sake of it being a "driver's car" is a poor excuse. There are many, excellent "driver's cars" that have both. To me it looks like an effort to cut costs or weight, but it could also mean that Hennessey doesn't have the expertise to implement it. My opinion.

For a million dollars though, I would expect something much more special than something put together from a domestic car parts bin. He sure seems to be targeting idiots with money. What kind of testing has this car done? Quality control? Those are burnt out LEDs in the rear. Safety? High speed data? Track data? Anything to backup his big claims? This is no more special than any other kit car that uses a domestic motor. Again, my opinion. There's a big difference when Bugatti makes a million dollar car and when small-time guys like Hennessey does it. I understand budget differences, but don't assume the automotive world are filled with fools.

Last edited by Monaco; 01-09-2012 at 06:13 PM.