Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

XJR-15 Racing Footage from Monaco

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 12:06 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
SteveO is on a distinguished roadSteveO is on a distinguished roadSteveO is on a distinguished roadSteveO is on a distinguished roadSteveO is on a distinguished road
Thanks everybody, great to be on-board! I have attached a few pics from the workshop. The car (like to many) has not been used for a while so needs quite a bit of work. Hopefully more of these cars will be released from collections to people who want to drive them, so we will see more on the road. This one should back in time for the summer.

Attached Images      
Old 12-23-2011, 12:23 PM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
Great thread, that video was awesome to watch. If you can ever muster the time to start a thread that documents your rebuild of the car that would be amazing.

Old 12-24-2011, 04:47 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
SteveO is on a distinguished roadSteveO is on a distinguished roadSteveO is on a distinguished roadSteveO is on a distinguished roadSteveO is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by samuel.g
Great thread, that video was awesome to watch. If you can ever muster the time to start a thread that documents your rebuild of the car that would be amazing.
Very happy to do so, it would be a pleasure. Will start a new thread in the new year.

Old 12-24-2011, 05:25 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the TEAM!

Old 12-24-2011, 06:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Duff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, pretty damn impressive and welcome on board. Will your XJR-15 be road legal in the UK when you are done working on it ?

Old 12-24-2011, 06:42 AM
Teamspeed Member
quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Welcome on board!
before i looked where u are based, it was enough to look at your sig to be able to tell you are english! lol

best of luck with restoring the car.
is it road legal? if yes, you should install a front end lifting system imho.

Old 12-26-2011, 11:05 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
TheRoadWarrior is on a distinguished roadTheRoadWarrior is on a distinguished roadTheRoadWarrior is on a distinguished roadTheRoadWarrior is on a distinguished roadTheRoadWarrior is on a distinguished roadTheRoadWarrior is on a distinguished road
awesome vid, thanks for sharing...

and definitely looking forward to your re-build thread!

Old 12-27-2011, 10:01 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
It is quite straightforward to make the car road-legal in the UK, it just needs an MOT (for which some modifications are required, e.g. fitting of horn, handbrake) and insurance. Sometimes the Licensing authority will want to look at the car...well, they are very welcome to.

I have to admit, I had not thought about the adjustable suspension, but after grounding out the front of my XJ220 on xmas day (ouch) I think I should consider it!

Old 12-27-2011, 10:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Best new member post in a long time. Excellent piece of history you own there. I remember having this model in my room as one of the first super cars to dream over!

Old 12-27-2011, 11:55 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Kevin, many thanks, it's great to be on board! I too had this as my 'dream car' as an undergraduate, along with the 220 and the F1. The F1 is completely out of my reach, so I'll have to settle for just the two...;-)
I particularly like the link to the XJR-9, which is such an epic car.

Quick Reply: XJR-15 Racing Footage from Monaco