Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

A letter from Ron Dennis

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 03:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
It's good that they're doing their best at rectifying these bugs and issues and that they're sending letters to apologize for these problems; IMO they have a good reputation in customer service and they should keep up the good work.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:43 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Can't please everybody. Top man that Ron Dennis is.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:00 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Really cool to see. Well done McLaren.
Originally Posted by teflon
ABS Ice mode, coolant pipe failures, RMS leaks and the centerlock recall. Those were the ones that just came to me from memory. I'm sure there are plenty more. How many of them has Porsche officially acknowledged and *fixed*?

Greg A
How about faulty crankcase sealant and poor machining of the case halves? Makes the RMS look like a minor issue!

Old 10-27-2011, 04:13 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Good on Mclaren. It's amazing the dislike for these cars. They seem to perform well and look good to me. Jeremy Clarkson thought it was a bit "too" easy to drive if I recall but he also stated of the 599GTO that it was like driving his LapTop.

Mclaren looks far better than a 599 imho and it's a good chunk less money.

Ferrari would without a doubt put out a letter if they had tons of failures. You guys are nuts if you don't think so. My Ferrari's all have the occassional yellow dash light. Fixed by a quick on and off of the car. It's just Mclarens seem a chunk more involved.

Lambo without a doubt would do the same. While I dislike their cars I don't by any stretch dislike their commitment to making the SECOND best Italian Exotic.

Porsche has their issues as well. I'd bet you guys would be floored at the number of Twin Turbo Engines in the 996 series that were replaced by Porsche. The typical TT 996/997 engine are a cheap crate motor that has it's own faults.

Porsche is best of all brands in my book for backing but they are filthy rich. They can.

Old 10-28-2011, 05:32 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
OrangeOpti is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by TheRoadWarrior
i wonder what kind of letter ferrari sends you when your new car lights itself on fire?

Mclaren +1
Probably something along the lines of.... "The fire gives the car it's character!"

Last edited by OrangeOpti; 10-28-2011 at 05:38 AM.