Notices
Southern California (US) Regional discussion forum for our members in Southern California

screw hermosa beach - loud exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
carendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond repute
screw hermosa beach - loud exhaust

Thurs was "the good day" - yesterday (Sun) was the opposite.

finished up the friend's bachelor party, hung over but in decent operating condition, fire up the car, and take off.

get on the first major road (right by the pier), there are 3 cops sitting on the side of the road. do complete stops, drive slowly, and what do you know - one has decided to follow me.

2 blocks later, lights.

"why is your exhaust so loud?"

it took them about 30 minutes to write up the ticket (they had a handbook out and everything); meanwhile, Harleys and muscle cars were passing by, shaking the teeth out of my head.

i had to just accept the ticket w/o complaints. obviously, i don't need them to start poking around looking for trouble. (the other officer asked if my Moton cannisters were nitrous.)

ugh...

- chuck

Old 05-05-2008, 02:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by carendt242
Thurs was "the good day" - yesterday (Sun) was the opposite.

finished up the friend's bachelor party, hung over but in decent operating condition, fire up the car, and take off.

get on the first major road (right by the pier), there are 3 cops sitting on the side of the road. do complete stops, drive slowly, and what do you know - one has decided to follow me.

2 blocks later, lights.

"why is your exhaust so loud?"

it took them about 30 minutes to write up the ticket (they had a handbook out and everything); meanwhile, Harleys and muscle cars were passing by, shaking the teeth out of my head.

i had to just accept the ticket w/o complaints. obviously, i don't need them to start poking around looking for trouble. (the other officer asked if my Moton cannisters were nitrous.)

ugh...

- chuck
That sucks. Last summer, we had a couple of our cars sitting outside and my neighbor had a friend over and they walked down to look at the cars and one asked me if the Moton canister was 'NOS'.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
nerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the rough
Did they actually have a noise meter? What did they write you for?

Old 05-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Teamspeed's Official Shaikh
CondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond repute
Mate that officer is just another Moron with a small manhood. I would just let it go

Last edited by CondorCGT; 05-05-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
carendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CondorCGT
Mate that officer is just another Moron with a small manhood. I would just let it go
unfortunately, i have to get the "problem" fixed within a month. which means trying to find a quieter exhaust, switching it out, going to CHP/cops to get it approved, etc.

neural - in CA, they don't need a noise meter since they are "trained" (ha!) those that have heard the car would not argue that it's very very loud; it's just silly the cops are sitting on the side of the main drag looking for problems.

one more place i will never re-visit.

- chuck

Old 05-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ipohopper is an unknown quantity at this point
I haven't had a fixit ticket in a long time but can't you just pay the fine if it's easier(less money) than doing the work?

Old 05-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
sean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah police coverage has suddenly spiked. I saw 5 people pulled over this afternoon on a shortish drive. I never see anyone...

Sorry about your ticket. You might be able to just pay it.