Notices
Smoke & Vine Discussion Forum For The Finest Cigars, Wines, and Spirits From Around The Globe.

Good champagne???

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 11:10 AM
Teamspeed Member
Kelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura about
I try to stay clear of the big champagne houses, they are usually overpriced... the Champagne region is full with smaller producers that make more exciting stuff than the big firms.

Fortunately, I have a collegue who is a huge champagne connaisseur, I get my recommendations from her!

The latest is Cuvée "R" from Veuve Fourny & Fils.

Simply amazing. Made in a style the big champagne houses will never dare to do for their mainstream labels. The intention was to reproduce an "old school" champagne in the style of the 18th century founders of the house. ("R" stands for "Roger Fourny", the founder)

Old 02-04-2012, 11:28 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the team Kelderek! Make sure you check out the Swedish thread in Off Topic!

Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
If you're going to attempt to be funny, you'd at least get the varietal right, right?

You own a vineyard after all. What's it called again, Chateau Verdaflore?
I only own a very small stake in it so I am allowed to make mistakes . . .

Old 02-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
b9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by whitlock
Speaking of champagne, anybody else enjoy black velvets? Guinness and champagne.
I prefer black velvets with cider but they are good with champagne too.

Old 02-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Teamspeed Member
Kelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jox
Welcome to the team Kelderek! Make sure you check out the Swedish thread in Off Topic!
Thank you!
A Swedish thread is never off topic!

Old 04-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Teamspeed Member
Manursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the rough
Roederer !

Old 04-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Teamspeed Member
Manursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the rough
Or gosset , and third taittinger

Old 07-11-2012, 11:17 AM
Teamspeed Member
Benzwiz is an unknown quantity at this point
Peiper-Heidsick (sp?)
Moet & Chandon White star
Louis Bouillot Brut
Schramsburg - blanc de blanc and Mirabelle (rose)
Taittinger / Domaine Carneros

Just a few I either have on hand or continuously pick up as needed

Old 12-25-2013, 06:10 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to behold
Which one to chose?

http://imageshack.com/a/img600/7775/29m5.jpg

Of course the gold Ace of Spades works perfect with Christmas:

http://imageshack.com/a/img32/5303/u8xw.jpg

Merry Christmas everybody!

Old 09-21-2014, 12:27 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
johncieera is an unknown quantity at this point
These are my favorite champagne brands

Dom Perignon Champagne
Veuve Clicquot Champagne
Ace of Spades Champagne
Bollinger Champagne
Cristal Champagne
Perrier Jouet Champagne

Old 02-06-2017, 07:34 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
RodneyOstby is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi my friend,

For me, french champagne is for me the bes, I usually buy Diebolt Blanc.