Notices
Smoke & Vine Discussion Forum For The Finest Cigars, Wines, and Spirits From Around The Globe.

Advice on building a humidor

Old 01-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Sierra Tango II is an unknown quantity at this point
Advice on building a humidor

Im making a humidor out of a military ammunition can. Im going to line the inside with cedar, and then put dividers in it to seperate the different kinds. The questions are, 1: I know that they usually use spanish cedar to line humidors, can I use regular cedar that I buy off the shelf? and 2: Is there anything wrong with storing the cigars on end rather than their side? I wouldnt age them in this position, rather use it for short term storage 1-2months and as a portable humidor.Any advice?

Old 01-09-2011, 12:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Use the Spanish cedar, kiln dried.

Don't bother with the off the shelf crap.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud of
I'm not going to be any help on this as I'm a complete noob in this area, but just wanted to say that it sounds like a really cool project! I'd like to see pics when you're finished. I quite like the idea of the ammunition can. Functional, yet a conversation piece. Very nice.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
zappa freak is just really nicezappa freak is just really nicezappa freak is just really nicezappa freak is just really nicezappa freak is just really nicezappa freak is just really nicezappa freak is just really nicezappa freak is just really nicezappa freak is just really nicezappa freak is just really nicezappa freak is just really nice
Spanish ceder is the only wood to use. It holds and releases moisture and adds to the stabilization of the humidor. Good luck.