Notices
Smoke & Vine Discussion Forum For The Finest Cigars, Wines, and Spirits From Around The Globe.

I bought myself a brewery.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 08:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
theprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond repute
Hi,

Thanks for the kind words. It's a nice 5deg here this morning which is helping in keeping the keg temperature stable. I will keep you guys updated on the first pour when it happens.

Thinking of calling the first brew 'Beyond the Pale'. Not sure though.

Cheers,
Nik

Old 06-22-2010, 09:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
Protest thats a pretty cool looking setup, hope things turn out well!

Old 06-23-2010, 01:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
KENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond repute
That is a very sweet set up. Congrats!

Old 07-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
StringerBell is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks like a fun hobby. Congrats. I'm envious - wish I could learn how to brew beer.

Old 07-17-2010, 08:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
theprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond repute
Hi,

Well, now I know what it's like to give birth... sort of. Had our first tasting of the double pale ale a couple of days ago, couldn't be happier. Definitely has given me the confidence to continue making beer and also to branch out to more interesting brew styles.

Very bitter, very hoppy. Not super malty which was a surprise considering to boil recirc; but anyway, she pours with a very strong creamy head. We aimed at a lower carbonation for this one, I really prefer a thick mouth feel, so I wanted to eliminate the possibility of that soda water feel right up front.

Anyway, enough talk;

I can only consume this myself or gift it to people though, still waiting on the correct licensing from the government so that I can legally sell to the punters. Bit of a pain in the ass, it's a very archaic liquor law system we endure over here. I'm nothing but enthused right now though, so it won't be long now.

Cheers,
Nik

Last edited by theprotest; 07-17-2010 at 08:37 PM. Reason: F7
Old 07-17-2010, 08:51 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Nik, this is awesome bud! So excited for you as you follow your dream. That glass made me thirsty btw. Going to pour a Guinness right now.

Old 07-17-2010, 08:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Hi Alex,

Thank you for the kind words, mate. It's very dangerous having a tap and keg set up at work - now I think I'm ALWAYS thirsty.

Cheers,
Nik

Old 07-17-2010, 11:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Nik! Sounds delicious. Best of luck getting everything approved for distribution! If you go global, I'd love to try some of your beer some day.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
congrats man, maybe you can put it forsale on the teamspeed store so we can all taste it

Old 07-22-2010, 09:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
So what would it take to get a bottle or two sent to me?

Quick Reply: I bought myself a brewery.