Notices
Smoke & Vine Discussion Forum For The Finest Cigars, Wines, and Spirits From Around The Globe.

Cigar education..... Help me out

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JarodL
You are honestly better off just buying them as you smoke if you have easy access to a cigar store. Maintaining a humidor is a pain in the ass if you aren't diligent about it. I am sure others will disagree, but if you are a casual smoker and don't plan on keeping it full, you are better off buying as you go IMO.
^I completely agree.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
b9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond repute
I keep a 1500 count locker at the local cigar club. At home, I keep a 120 count humidor run with an electronic humidifier. Random sticks live on the top shelf.

Don't forget to season your new humidor.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:30 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Robert@TheHotelHumidor is on a distinguished roadRobert@TheHotelHumidor is on a distinguished roadRobert@TheHotelHumidor is on a distinguished roadRobert@TheHotelHumidor is on a distinguished road
look on amazon for these books: The Gourmet Guide to Cigars by Paul Garmirian and A Passion For Cigars by Joel Sherman. They are older cigar books and are not full of propaganda like the newer books are.

You still looking for a humidor?

Old 03-15-2011, 10:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
VegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by VegasFloyd
All good advice above, I really enjoy a good Romeo Y Julietta or a Punch or H. Upmann once in awhile. I don't smoke them enough to use a humidor so I'm no help there. I've actually ruined a box of Cohibas for a golf trip. Left the box out for a few days. I've learned my lesson at least.
Ha! Didn't realize how old this thread was at first. I might as well have written that statement yesterday as I just finished off a Romeo just now. Still smokin' the same cigars.

My apologies for quoting my self.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:24 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Robert@TheHotelHumidor is on a distinguished roadRobert@TheHotelHumidor is on a distinguished roadRobert@TheHotelHumidor is on a distinguished roadRobert@TheHotelHumidor is on a distinguished road
what do you look for in a cigar? what romeo do you smoke and why/ will give you some sugestions that fit your palate.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:32 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Vekto911 will become famous soon enoughVekto911 will become famous soon enoughVekto911 will become famous soon enoughVekto911 will become famous soon enoughVekto911 will become famous soon enoughVekto911 will become famous soon enoughVekto911 will become famous soon enoughVekto911 will become famous soon enough
To learn everything about Cuban cigars, please refer to the Illustrated Encyclopedia of Post-Revolutionary Havana cigars.

It's the only book that matters. Read it and read it again. You will learn everything you need to know.

It's the Bible of Habanos.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:53 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
thats the Min Ron Nee book? I think that that is the one that you are referencing. It is fantastic

Old 03-19-2011, 12:22 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Vekto911 will become famous soon enoughVekto911 will become famous soon enoughVekto911 will become famous soon enoughVekto911 will become famous soon enoughVekto911 will become famous soon enoughVekto911 will become famous soon enoughVekto911 will become famous soon enoughVekto911 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Robert@TheHotelHumidor
thats the Min Ron Nee book? I think that that is the one that you are referencing. It is fantastic
Yes, by Min Ron Nee. It's the the ultimate habanos reference.

Two editions exist: 2003 and 2005. The 2003 had a few mistakes that were corrected in the 2005 edition.