Notices
Smoke & Vine Discussion Forum For The Finest Cigars, Wines, and Spirits From Around The Globe.

Finest Whisky

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Enjoying Hibiki 17 these days...i'd like to try 21 or 30 if I find either at reasonable price

Old 04-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
I just finished the last of my Arran Tokaji Cask Finish. It was great. I'd love to find another bottle of that. Still a huge fan of Lagavulin (still my fave), Balvenie (unbelievably smooth), and Macallan 18 (probably one of the best). I always keep a few bottles around. I'd also never say no to Oban, Highland Park, or Cardu. I just recently tried (and really enjoyed) a Murray McDavid Baldnoch. Unexpectedly fantastic and highly recommended.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Teamspeed Member
Benzwiz is an unknown quantity at this point
Oban 14 and Mac 12 are my standards. Mac 12 is certainly amazing bang for the buck

Picked up a 17yo Mac bottled for Costco under Kirkland brand a few years ago - it was a ridiculous deal.

There hasn't been too much distinction between single malts and blends, but anyone have any thoughts on the JW line (green, gold & blue)?
I find the blue almost too smooth, lacking character and bite.

I had read some reviews calling anything older than 14 yo unsatisfying due to the lack of flavor structure and depth.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Teamspeed Member
Benzwiz is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone care to share hook up for Pappy van Winkle?

Old 07-23-2012, 10:46 PM
Teamspeed Member
RugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond repute
^ I live in KY and you're hard pressed to get it, even here. You can find restaurants that have some of the younger offerings but the oldest are a tough battle to fight. I'll keep my ears and eyes open and post up or PM if I hear anything. The releases are so short and limited--that's the problem. The LARGEST liquor store in town got 6 bottles of the oldest couple of Pappy's, if that tells you anything. The GM told me they have a line out the store hours before they release it and people always walk away empty handed.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:47 PM
Because I said so.
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
Costco has Mac 15 right now under Kirkland signature brand

Old 07-23-2012, 10:51 PM
Teamspeed Member
RugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond repute
Really... do you think they all get it at once or is it pretty regionalized? Also, how to you determine what it is?

Old 07-23-2012, 10:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I really need to try some of these Japanese Whiskies

Old 07-23-2012, 10:56 PM
Because I said so.
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
Im not sure if they all get it but I've seen it at several stores. The label says Kirkland signature but it also says from macallan family distillery or whatever on the label

Old 07-23-2012, 11:11 PM
Teamspeed Member
Just didn't know if it was the exact same stuff or a variation... Their Vodka comes out of the Grey Goose factory but isn't Grey Goose. Still good, no doubt and a great value as well. I have family and friends in Ohio and usually pick up some for them. We did a taste test between Goose and Costco and there was a slight but discernible difference.

Quick Reply: Finest Whisky