Notices
Diablo | Countach The Modern Day Classic Lamborghini Discussion Forum.

The Lamborghini Countach picture Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 09:33 AM
BSM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really nice
Post Lamborghini Countach pic thread...

The Teamspeed Lamborghini Countach Picture Thread

First shown at the 1971 Geneva Motorshow, the Countach prototype featured a 5 litre version of the much acclaimed V12 engine. The drivetrain's longitudinal configuration and displacement explained the type indication 'LP500'. Like it's predecessor the Countach featured an innovative adaptation of the mid-engined layout; this time the gearbox was mounted in front of the engine for a better weight balance. The power was then transferred to the rear wheels by a driveshaft, which ran through its own tunnel in the engine's sump. This would become a trademark mid-engine Lamborghini layout for decades to come.

Although visually similar the production car was almost completely different from the first running prototype. Gone were the monocoque chassis and 5 litre engine, which were replaced by a tubular frame and the Miura derived four litre engine. The prototype's powerplant proved to be too fragile and eventually self destructed in a high speed test session. Some of the original car's clean lines were lost by the addition of a number of necessary cooling ducts and vents. What was retained was the unique scissor-like door mechanism, another soon to be Lamborghini trademark feature.

Two years after the prototype's debut, the production car was launched and officially dubbed Countach LP400. Production of Lamborghini's iconic supercar would last for nearly two decade. Before it was replaced in 1990 five different evolutions of the Countach were constructed. With each evolution power increased and so did the amount of plastic used for additional flares and bodykits. The five litre engine finally became available in 1982 and three years later four valve heads were introduced, bumping the power to 455 bhp for the European version from the original 375 bhp of the LP400. Article by Wouter Melissen

Source [UCP]

Old 03-26-2008, 09:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
miboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond repute
Those are great pics. I always forget about this car, but it also was one of my childhood dreams. It has aged beautifully. I would love to pick one up.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:51 AM
Teamspeed's Official Shaikh
CondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond repute
A car I would love to own one day you just have to admire the lines and the sound of that V12

Old 03-26-2008, 10:40 AM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Definitely old school, but a classic. Reminds me of my posters on the wall as a little kid.

Old 03-26-2008, 02:10 PM
Teamspeed Member
bprime is on a distinguished roadbprime is on a distinguished roadbprime is on a distinguished roadbprime is on a distinguished roadbprime is on a distinguished roadbprime is on a distinguished road
all time favorite for me as well. Its very rare that a car that comes along and its so exciting to stare at! So many beautiful lines and angles.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:56 PM
BSM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really nice
White heat!

Last edited by BSM; 04-02-2008 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:03 PM
BSM
Teamspeed Senior Member
This yellow one is hot...

Old 04-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
I dont know about you guys, but I def had a poster of this guy up on my wall when I was younger

Old 04-05-2008, 04:40 AM
BSM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Chances are it was a Ron Kimball poster...

Car Stock Photos and Car Stock Images - kimballstock

Last edited by BSM; 04-24-2008 at 09:01 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
I want 2 Countachs, The LP400 & the Cannonball one below!

Quick Reply: The Lamborghini Countach picture Thread!