Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Drop-top "S" Duel: Porsche Vs. Aston Martin

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 12:58 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Drop-top "S" Duel: Porsche Vs. Aston Martin

Name:  steve_autocar.jpg
Views: 1085
Size:  38.6 KB

Drop-top duel - Porsche 911 Turbo S versus Aston Martin V12 Vantage S

Steve Sutcliffe finds out if the Aston Martin V12 Vantage S Roadster, the convertible version of the British manufacturer's best and most desirable model, compares to the utterly brilliantly Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet.

Enjoy the video below:

Old 09-30-2014, 12:06 AM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
So the Turbo S is a better car but the Brit likes an Aston. Shocking.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:24 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
He likes the Aston because it has the "x factor", like a Ferrari. Hard to explain.
But as he said, the Turbo S obliterates the Aston in every other aspect.

Old 10-04-2014, 11:27 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Total rubbish "review" inferring personal opinion and bias. Looking at the Austin steering wheel and implying it oozes some "mystical" superior build quality over the Porsche is laughable. Performance, its like bringing a butter knife to a gun fight. This video is a post sale "feel good" video for Austin owners after getting annihilated by a standard 991S. A 991 Turbo performance comparison is ludicrous.

Last edited by Mystro; 10-04-2014 at 11:29 AM.
Old 10-04-2014, 01:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
he works for autocar. if he says the porsche is more desirable he'd be sacked

Old 10-05-2014, 02:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
This is a completely honest review. He points out how superior the Porsche is to the Aston. He points out how technically advanced it is, as they all are, and how you can do things in it that you can't in the V12V. He's not suggesting that the AM is something that it isn't. He's making a personal choice based on his visceral experience. I'ver had a dozen Porsches and one V12V. None of the Porsches felt as good as the Aston. No doubt most of them even the NA cars were better on the road. Even now, driving a car that is exponentially capable, I still appreciate the AM.

Old 10-06-2014, 10:10 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Jay still enjoying the 12C? How's things bud!

Old 10-09-2014, 12:38 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
tandem94 is an unknown quantity at this point
love it!

awesome!!!

Old 10-18-2014, 09:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DJ
Jay still enjoying the 12C? How's things bud!
Busy! Stupid Busy. I'm in the middle of a project that is taking over my fall and winter. I still love the 12C even if I barely drive it. I have it for sale because I hate to see it sit. I'll get another McLaren I can actually drive it. My car is an absolute gem and I have lowered the price to 239K. Please pass it along to anyone that is looking for a stunner. Sorry it takes so long to get back.