Notices
Porsches from the Past | General Porsche News Air-Cooled 911's, 928, 944, 924, & All Other Past Porsche Models & News.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Second Porsche!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 04:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Down to the short block today and relocated the engine into the "work room" - the teardown of internals will begin soon

Old 08-23-2014, 12:12 AM
Teamspeed Member
Cooch has a spectacular aura aboutCooch has a spectacular aura aboutCooch has a spectacular aura aboutCooch has a spectacular aura aboutCooch has a spectacular aura aboutCooch has a spectacular aura aboutCooch has a spectacular aura aboutCooch has a spectacular aura aboutCooch has a spectacular aura aboutCooch has a spectacular aura aboutCooch has a spectacular aura about
I'm loving this thread and what you're doing to your fabulous car! Can't wait for the next update - I hope it's going really well. You've brought back so many memories in relation to my old 1986 930 that I used to have... I used to live in Dubai, so I can feel the heat too

Old 08-23-2014, 02:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cooch
I'm loving this thread and what you're doing to your fabulous car! Can't wait for the next update - I hope it's going really well. You've brought back so many memories in relation to my old 1986 930 that I used to have... I used to live in Dubai, so I can feel the heat too
Thanks!

Project is currently on pause until I receive my special Porsche tool (cam holder) so I can continue disassembling the block.

Managed to clean my transmission yesterday

Before

After

Old 09-06-2014, 07:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Lots of progress on the teardown. I removed the chain housing, heads, cylinders, and pistons and I am down to the basic block now. The most tedious but rewarding procedure was removing the head studs. I removed the case bolts and splitting the case today.

Old 09-06-2014, 09:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Case is split and the guts are out

Old 09-06-2014, 06:41 PM
Teamspeed Member
Cooch has a spectacular aura aboutCooch has a spectacular aura aboutCooch has a spectacular aura aboutCooch has a spectacular aura aboutCooch has a spectacular aura aboutCooch has a spectacular aura aboutCooch has a spectacular aura aboutCooch has a spectacular aura aboutCooch has a spectacular aura aboutCooch has a spectacular aura aboutCooch has a spectacular aura about
Are you doing this for fun, or is there a real reason you need to rebuild the motor?? Awesome clean work by the way

Old 09-07-2014, 03:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Looking good matey!

Old 09-07-2014, 03:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet!

Old 09-08-2014, 09:42 AM
Former Sponsor
ECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond repute
You've been busy! What did you use to clean the transmission?

Old 09-09-2014, 01:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Cooch
Are you doing this for fun, or is there a real reason you need to rebuild the motor?? Awesome clean work by the way
I purchased the car as a project, and it was leaking oil from the case and the weather is too hot to drive so I just decided to rebuild it. It has been a blast working on it so far!

Originally Posted by LABrit
Looking good matey!
Originally Posted by Axman
Sweet!
Thanks guys

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
You've been busy! What did you use to clean the transmission?
Just engine cleaner and high pressure water. Didn't think it'd come out so well. I am doing the rest of the stuff this weekend (heads, cylinders, engine case, etc) using brake/carb cleaner and high pressure. Hoping for similar results!

I am now contemplating going for a short-stroke 3.2l, 9.5:1 setup, or carbs, or both.. tough making a decision.. talking to machine shops as well about working on my heads, refreshing the rockers and balancing the rods.. lots to do, but cleaning first I'll post the results soon

Quick Reply: My Second Porsche!