Notices
Luxury Cruisers and Performance Yachts Sea Ray, Sunseeker, Riva, Chris-Craft, Formula, Wally Boats, Magnum Marine & More Discussion Forum.

Pershing 72 vs Azimut 86S vs Riva 68 Ego

Old 06-29-2009, 06:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Fellas with the sizes we are talking about(80ft give or take) is that a boat that one would pilot himself or require a small crew to run for you?

Old 06-29-2009, 06:32 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
You could pilot it yourself. I would have no problem taking out an 80 Mangusta on my own. However, it is more comfortable and enjoyable to have someone do the work for you. The majority of people who own boats like this have between 2-4 crew members, depending on the level service they want.

Old 06-29-2009, 06:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
salihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Hernando
No worries. You mean one step ahead, not behind.

Def see if you can take a look at a Leopard 24, I think you will really like it. Mangusta aslo makes a smaller one, the 72 which is very nice as well, and much cheaper than the 80. Here is a pic.

Attachment 29073
hahah definitely!

Do you have any idea about pricing of 72? actually never seen one in person.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:46 PM
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
There are a bunch of used ones on this site: http://www.yachtworld.com Search Mangusta and enter Size from 72 to 72.

I believe that a new one is right around 3.5 million, the used ones are between 1.8 and 3.5. Take a look through that site, and you can get a feel for the market on these things. I can introduce you to someone there, and you can negotiate the price. I am sure you can get a deal, especially in these trying times.

BTW have you seen the Lazzara LSX 75? It's actually really nice, and very well priced. I know for a fact I can get you a deal on one. They are huge inside, feels like a loft with a huge kitchen, and large bedrooms. It's got 4 volvo IPS engines with the new IPS units. Very fast, and maneuverable. I watched an 8 year old dock it.
There's a 92 as well that's amazing with a balcony that comes out of the master stateroom.
Here are some pics:
Name:  lazzara_menu_int_lsx75.jpg
Views: 6884
Size:  133.9 KB

Name:  LSX_75_Crop.jpg
Views: 5682
Size:  105.4 KB

Last edited by Hernando; 06-29-2009 at 08:51 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
salihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to behold
Will look into those too. I've never heard of Lazzara actually (even though it does not mean much:P), can you compare them with Pershing and Riva? Close quality with better price?

Old 06-29-2009, 11:06 PM
Web site for Lazzara: LSX 75 | Lazzara Yachts | Yachting |LSX 75 Interior Gallery

I would venture to say that you can probably compare to Pershing, but not to Riva. This is the first "express" yacht the company builds. It has won many awards for this boat though. It is definitely one to look into. Plus the price should be about right. They build them in Tampa. I know the owners of the company are really eager to get one in Europe, so they are more than willing to figure something out to lower the price. For example, if you lend them the boat for boat shows, or let them show the boat to potential customers. They would def work something out. I believe that there is one in the South of France. Call the company in Tampa Florida, and ask. Perhaps they can arrange a viewing. If you don't know about the IPS system, I suggest you read up on it, it's amazing. Volvo Penta IPS : Volvo Penta

Very nice interior. Here is a couple of shots of the interior:
Name:  lsx75015-mainsalon.jpg
Views: 7091
Size:  129.8 KB

Name:  LSX interior.jpg
Views: 5395
Size:  64.6 KB

Last edited by Hernando; 06-29-2009 at 11:11 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
The balcony on the '92 must be by far the worst advertising design error ever made. It is barely big enough for two chairs, is marginaly in a different spot then sitting in the cockpit and what space must have been sacrificed for the hyrdraulic and to make that hatch water tight.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:05 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
^^ But it sure looks cool

Old 06-30-2009, 12:39 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
The balcony is a nice feature, I guess its for the "tycoon" who wants peace and quiet for his fishing.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:22 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Deerod021 is an unknown quantity at this point
You are in a good position my friend. Between Riva, Pershing, and Lazzara you are looking at a fine group of yachts. If you can acquire these I would not even look at azimut. I have been in a friends Lazzara and the boat is a beauty, and as mentioned above, the interior rocks! I love all 3 of these, have been in a Pershing but not a Riva, but I know Riva is excellent. You will not be wrong selecting any of them. It comes down to personal preference and look because they are all great quality.

Last edited by Deerod021; 07-25-2014 at 01:24 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pershing 72 vs Azimut 86S vs Riva 68 Ego