Notices
Porsches from the Past | General Porsche News Air-Cooled 911's, 928, 944, 924, & All Other Past Porsche Models & News.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Restoration of the Turbo 3.6 (964)

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 11:30 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Restoration of the Turbo 3.6 (964)

Hello,

It feels good to own your favourite childhood car but you expect more out of it and that I plan to take care of as its currently in the dealer for an engine rebuild and a mild restoration.

My car is 1994 Turbo 3.6 (964) and has 58,000 miles. Basically the engine needs a rebuild, new Warm Up Regulator, hoses etc etc long list to compile and thats typical for a 19 year old car that has been sitting for a while.

The car has an aftermarket HU Kenwood that will be replaced with the Porsche Classic Navigation System that adds Bluetooth, GPS and you can play music via USB or SD card.

The front reflectors will be changed to Orange(oem). I have to replace the sunroof seal and the left side skirt seal because they have faded with age and I dont like that.

The Rear passenger side tail light need to be replaced due to water seepage because of a worn out seal.

The list is long but its not bad as I am just extra cautious and want the car to feel brand new.

What is left to address is the stone chips on the bonnet and the front bumper.

Last edited by MeanMachine; 01-13-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:34 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Aftermarket Kenwood HU will be replaced with Porsche Classic Radio which has Navi, Bluetooth, etc

I also have the Aluminium Sport Pedals and Footrest to be installed to freshen up the interior and replace the boring stock black pedals. In addition an FVD Shortshifter is also going to be installed.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
This thread has a lot of potential! good luck and keep us posted

Old 01-13-2013, 11:59 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
MohdFTW is an unknown quantity at this point
subscribed for this thred , i want to watch it till finished - good luck bro

Old 01-13-2013, 01:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
That new Nav unit looks great!

Old 01-13-2013, 03:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond repute
"Bad Boy"

I am in, hoping to se a lot of pics and a great result in the end!

Old 01-14-2013, 03:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant future
Subsribed

Old 01-14-2013, 05:24 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Clubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond repute
Knowing you Mo, this car will be perfection... Good luck with the resto

Old 01-14-2013, 09:23 AM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by Clubber
Knowing you Mo, this car will be perfection... Good luck with the resto
They start tomorrow with getting things back in the car, I guess another 2-3 weeks.

I take that as a compliment, same goes to you.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:19 AM
Former Sponsor
ECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond repute
+1 On the nav unit Keep us updated this looks like it's going to be a fun project.

Quick Reply: Restoration of the Turbo 3.6 (964)